NHTSA — Engine Problems

2014 Acura RDX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura RDX:

2014 Acura RDX Owner Comments

Nov 022015

We have two 2014 Rdx's. wife hit a deer with damage to the right front light and right front quarter panel. Suppose to be a $3700 repair but when body shop drove Rdx into their building it caught fire and now we have a totaled 40,000 Rdx. Everybody has said they can't ever remember a Acura ever catching on fire. In talking with a Acura mechanic he mentioned something about they had some electrical issues on these vehicles but nothing was proven. We are waiting on the results from the electrical engineers that the insurance people have hired to try to determine if there is a problem with it's manufacturing or something else they are asking if any thing was leaking from the vehicle and as far as we know it wasn't leaking since we kept driving it until we took it to the body shop. My problem is I don't want to park the other Rdx in my garage not knowing if the vehicle has a manufacturing electrical problem. The mechanic told me to disconnect my battery cable if I was worried. I don't fine that as a solution to the problem. The other problem we have is the car was being driven and they pull it into their shop where they have worked on Honda's and Acura's for a lot of years and this model catches on fire. Something isn't right. My wife took some pictures on her phone of her Rdx.

- Bellefontaine, OH, USA