NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2014 Acura RDX (Page 1 of 2)

9.1

2014 Acura RDX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura RDX:

2014 Acura RDX Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

RDX

"takata recall". this is in reference to Acura Rdx 2014 that I own. Acura issued a recall back in March 2016 but they have showed little to no willingness to service the recall. Even after 8 months from the notice they haven't serviced the part. Leaving me and my family at risk. This is a callous behavior on the part of the company. Honda is showing no respect or concern for people who are driving the vehicle and putting life of families at risk. I would suggest stern action against the firm and they should be forced to compensate us for our time.

- Cambridge, MA, USA

Sep 012016

RDX 6-cyl

2014 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair driver front airbag inflator airbag recall notice.

- New York, NY, USA

Mar 112016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 11/03/16

- Benicia, CA, USA

May 222016

RDX 6-cyl

2014 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair recall notice 16V-061.

- Guaynabo, PR, USA

Sep 142016

RDX 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 11/04/16 the consumer stated the new driver's side air bag was installed on September 25, 2016. Updated 11/17/16.

- Chanhasen, MN, USA

Sep 082016

RDX

Takata recall. Manufacturer has failed or is unable to remedy this safety recall (airbag inflator recalls). It was promised to fix in summer 2016

- Davie, FL, USA

Jul 052016

RDX

IżM reaching out regarding a takata air bag recall which has been in effect for some time. I reached out to my dealer's service department numerous times to have the airbags replaced (over the last several months). I was told the first time a couple of weeks then I called in two weeks and they claimed not until the end of the summer and now I havenżT heard anything. I am concerned as I have to use my vehicle for work daily and I havenżT had any resolution. Is there someplace else I can get my recall taken care of? my current Acura dealer is clinton Acura in NJ. I am concerned for my safety. I've been reaching out since July, 2016 (by the way) - they haven't had the parts..it's ridiculous

- Phillipsburg, NJ, USA

Feb 122016

RDX

In March, 2016 I received a recall letter about the driver side airbag from Acura. Finally on 8/19/2016 (five months later) I received a call from apple tree Acura to make an appointment to fix the airbag. On 8/23/2016 I dropped my vehicle off at apple tree Acura. When I picked my vehicle up I was told that the airbag was fixed. But, on the invoice it states that "client advised that the vehicle is subject to one or more recalls affecting the drivers and/opr passengers front airbag inflators. Redesigned airbag inflators are not available for installation at this time. Once redesigned parts are available, the registered owner will receive notice to return for replacement of the componet. Open recall. Replaced dr airbag inflator." Please review attached recall letter and invoice. The customer service person never advised me of anything, he gave me the invoice then disappeared. It took five months and about ten phone calls to even get an appointment. Most of my calls went to voicemail with no return calls. On 8/29/2016 I called National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), I was put on hold and then disconnected. I had given the person my call back number but it has been five hours and no one has called me back. It seems that Acura and the NHTSA are avoiding questions and concerns about this recall. I would like to know when and if my vehicle will be safe to drive?

- Waynesville, NC, USA

May 052016

RDX

Takata recall. Told by Acura dealer to disable the front airbag. I told them no. They said they would call beck and I have not heard from them yet.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Whitestone, NY, USA

Aug 272016

RDX

Takata recall - I received a recall notice(NHTSA recall 16V-061) in March 2016. As of today, no additional information has been received in regard to the status of this issue. We are approaching 6 months, which seems excessive given the danger that the airbag deployment could cause.

- Amery, WI, USA

Aug 192016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Sugar Grove, IL, USA

Mar 112016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Torrance, CA, USA

Aug 152016

RDX

The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Milton, DE, USA

Feb 032016

RDX

The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Winter Springs, FL, USA

Jul 242016

RDX

Recall 16V-061. Received recall notification from Acura March 2016. It has been well over 60 days and no further info from Acura about parts availability. I have contacted dealer twice where original purchase was made(park Acura) and was told the parts are not yet available from Acura.

- Marietta, OH, USA

Mar 182016

RDX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Acura Rdx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bradenton, FL, USA

Jul 182016

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

RDX 6-cyl

2014 Acura Rdx. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle motor company failure to correct airbag recall defect in a timely manner.

- Ocean, NJ, USA

May 052016

RDX

Takata recall - my complaint is because over 2 months have gone by since the first time (May 05th) I contacted the Acura dealer in order to schedule the air bags replacement. They have failed to solve within 60 days of our first attempt to schedule remediation. We were appointed a loaner but that just seems to make Acura lose the sense of urgency for the remediation.

- Cypress, TX, USA