NHTSA — Engine Problems

2005 Acura RL engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Acura RL:

2005 Acura RL Owner Comments

Jun 122014

RL 6-cyl

While I'm driving from work I head a squeak noise. So I turn the ac off the noise stop but still hear time to time. I got home ok then I told my husband the problem, he took the car out for a test. As soon as back out the drive he can hear some thing fell off then the power steering stop working. He has to muscle the steering back to the drive. He open the hood and found out the harmonic balancer fell off. Lucky for me that did not happen to me while I'm on the free way. Oh my work only ten miles from my house.

- Modesto, CA, USA

Feb 262010

RL 6-cyl

The right-side engine mount had to be replaced because it was broken. Subsequent to this problem being resolved, I was informed, on 6/12/12, by the Acura dealership during a routine inspection, that the same engine mount on the right-side had to again be replaced, so, this means that the same engine mount has had to be replaced twice within approximately a 2 to 2 1/2 year time span.

- Monterey Park, CA, USA