NHTSA — Electrical System: Ignition Problems

2006 Acura RL electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Acura RL:

2006 Acura RL Owner Comments

Feb 042006

RL 6-cyl

I purchased a 2006 Acura Rl in February of this year. On my way home, I stopped at a rest stop. When I returned to the car, I couldn't turn the ignition switch. I had to call the dealer to find out that the steering wheel locks with the wheels in any position and the driver has to relieve the pressure on the lock before the switch will turn. Luckily, I was parked in a parking lot and not in some hazardous location that required that I immediately move. I have experienced this in other automobiles but only when the wheels were turned all the was to the stop. I have a friend that owns a late model Toyota Camry with the same problem. He wants to get rid of the car because of this safety issue. Now that I know how to correct the problem, I am not worried for myself but if someone else were to drive the car, they could be in trouble.

- Glide, OR, USA