5.0

2007 Acura RL seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Acura RL:

2007 Acura RL Owner Comments

Sep 052016

RL

Takata recall: I called my local dealer (scanlon Acura) upon receipt of NHTSA recall 16V-344. This was in early July 2016. I was told when the part came in I would be contacted. It is now early September 2016 and I have not been contacted. I find this distressing as I do not have full functionally of my vehicle and don't know when this issue will be resolved.

- Fort Myers, FL, USA

Sep 012016

RL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rl. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V344000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced any failures. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Bluffton, IN, USA

Aug 142016

RL

NHTSA recall 16V-061 hello, I am concerned with the above mentioned recall.I was notified in March of 2016 about a recall that would take place in the summer of 2016. Today is August 14, 2016 and I still have not received any documentation in regards to this matter. Almost 6 months have passed and no available parts for this issue. I am not sure if I should drive the vehicle due to the fact that there have been serious injuries documented with this safety issue.I am asking for your advice as to whether I should drive it or not.I am thinking of selling this vehicle but, with this current issue I feel I may not be able to find a buyer. Please help. Thank you

- Bristol, CT, USA

Feb 122016

RL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rl. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Novi, MI, USA

Mar 072016

RL

The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rl. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Milton, MA, USA

Jun 202014

RL

The contact owns a 2007 Acura Rl. While driving at an unknown speed, the check air bag indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer, but no diagnostic testing or repairs were performed. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 120,000. Updated 9/4/14

- Wilmington, DE, USA