Engine Failure

1. replace engine (1 reports)
2003 Acura RSX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Acura RSX:

2003 Acura RSX Owner Comments

Jun 092016

RSX Type S 2l4

My car was purchased new in 2003 and was continually serviced by Sterling McCall Acura here in Houston. I had recently had my 110,000 mile service with an oil change. At 128,000 at about 45 miles per hour the engine just quit. I had it towed to the dealer where I was informed that the engine was trash and another used engine would be $5200. I had babied the car and had all work done by the dealer with an oil change just 3000 miles previous to the failure. I have been the only driver and know how the car has been treated and cared for. This is unacceptable for a modern vehicle and I will trash Acura and Honda's products every chance I get. I owned a Chevy Vega in the 70's and got 150,000 miles out of it. I own a vintage Porsche with 148,000 miles so I know the mileage should not be a factor at all. Beware.

- , Houston, TX, USA