NHTSA — Visibility: Power Window Devices And Controls Problems

2003 Acura RSX windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Acura RSX:

2003 Acura RSX Owner Comments

Jun 152004

RSX 4-cyl

I noticed that my driver's side window made a grinding noise every so often when it was being rolled up or down. It went to the dealership 3 times to have it checked and they were unable to duplicate it. On the 4th time to the dealership, they finally heard the noise and replaced the window regulator. Approx. 2 weeks later I rolled down both of my windows untill the ac cooled down. I then rolled them back up and when I finally parked my car at my destination I noticed that my passenger side window was down partially. I attempted to roll it up and it just made a grinding noise. I opened and closed the door to see if maybe something had gotten in the way of the window and the movement of the door might jar it loose. Instead the window slid inside my door. I immediately went to the dealership where they kept the car over night until they could get another new window regulator in.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA