NHTSA — Equipment: Electrical: Radio/Tape Deck/Cd Etc. Problems

CarComplaints.com Seal Of Avoid Like The Plague

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1999-2003 Acura TL has a known & widespread defect with the transmission.

Honda fixed some vehicles with a recall in 2004 by changing the oil cooler return line. To settle a class action lawsuit in 2006, Honda extended the transmission warranty on some of these Acura TL's to 93 months / 109,000 miles.

Now these vehicles are past the warranty limit, so buyer beware.

2002 Acura TL accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Acura TL:

2002 Acura TL Owner Comments

Mar 222003

TL 6-cyl

My trans. Was replaced in 2003 because of a shifting problem. My car was still under warranty, however, I was told that I would have to pay for the repair. I paid for the repair and in 2006 I had the same problem. I was told that it was a recall, but when I informed mcgrath Acura that I should be reimbursed, it was denied. I also complained of a clicking noise in the radio that was never looked in to when I took my car in for trans., apparently this is a common defect where the pins within the 6cd changer go bad, but I have yet to see a recall. I have also experienced problems with the bubbling michelins. I have had three blowouts and have finally replaced the tires with a different brand, which I think is unfair. I have also had problems with the brakes. I have had to replace original rotors for warping. My paint seems to be chipping really bad and it has been since original purchase. I also have had problems with the seat belt not retracting.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Oct 182003

TL 6-cyl

Intermittent clicking sound coming from the radio system. No particular pattern even with cd playing or radio playing. Dealer did not detect sound and refuses to investigate. Have had other warranty items corrected by dealer, including warped rotors.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA