NHTSA — Fuel System, Gasoline: Delivery: Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings Problems

2004 Acura TL fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura TL:

2004 Acura TL Owner Comments

Aug 202007

TL 6-cyl

I started my car, backed out of my driveway, started to go down the road and smelled a strong whiff of gasoline. So I backed up and pulled back in my driveway to find gas pouring down the front of my gas tank, all over the exhaust system. In a few seconds of having the car running I had a 5 foot pool of gas under the car. If my wife had taken the car, she wouldn't have noticed and kept going. This could have been really bad. The car is a 2004 Acura TL with about 50,000 miles on it, but I have the extended warranty. The car is currently at the dealer and they just called me and said that they found a fuel line has split and they ordered the part. They have not yet figured out what may have caused the fuel line to split. My wife can not smell and also is a smoker, so luckily I happened to take the car when this happened.

- Stockton, NJ, USA