2005 Acura TL wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Acura TL:

2005 Acura TL Owner Comments

Jun 162015

TL

Without provocation or shock of any kind my left front wheel separated from the car while driving in the left lane of I-64 w near nitro wv. The aluminum wheel assembly broke at all five spokes with the center still firmly bolted to the drivetrain. Updated 09/08/15

- North Ridgeville, OH, USA

Sep 032013

TL

I purchased this vehicle from montauk auto dealer on linden blvd queens NY on August 2 2 weeks after that driving to work my brakes fail I got it fix a week after that the car started shaking on the freeway I stop got out the freeway N took it to a shop the steering mechanism is no good can't afford to fix it is $1600 to fix it so I had it balanced and tied down only to find out there's also frame damage also they sold me the car for $7500 2 months after that they sent me a letter charging me $13500 for the car and they never told me about the damage to the car I need serious help please help me with this issue.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Nov 082010

TL 6-cyl

I have a major safety concern with my 2005 Acura TL. In April, 2010, the Acura dealer replaced broken compliance bushings during a routine service (82,000 miles). After the service, I immediately noticed my car felt unsafe to drive and had a very rough ride. After numerous dealer visits, they replaced the rear strut assembly. None of this improved the handling or ride. At this time, the dealer stated I had the wrong tires and needed to replace them with original equipment Michelin Pilot mxm4 tires. I had nearly new Michelin Pilot sport A/S plus tires and not experienced a problem prior to the replacement of the bushings. I checked at costco, where I purchased the tires, and they indicated that Michelin Pilot sport plus tires were an acceptable upgrade for my vehicle. The owners manual does not mention that the Acura suspension requires tires only purchased at the dealer. On Nov. 8, 2010, during a routine service visit, the dealer noted fingernail size chunks of rubber pealing off my 2 front tires. They recommended I immediately change them since they were unsafe. Costco agreed to prorate and replace them with the dealer recommended tire. I notified the dealer of the purchase and then was told that Michelin made special tires only available at the Acura dealer. Until today, the dealer never stated that Michelin Pilot mxm4 tires manufactured especially for Acura were the only tires that would work with the Acura suspension. I have several problems with this. Nowhere does it say you must buy replacement tires from the dealer to have a safe car. Acura should not sell a car that can be safely driven with tires only purchased from them. I am very concerned that had I not taken the car in for service, I may have had a major tire failure causing serious injury or death. I am requesting that the ntsb investigate this issue and determine if other Acura drivers are at risk due to the purchase of tires from anyone other than the Acura dealer. Updated 01/20/11

- Upland, CA, USA