NHTSA — Vehicle Speed Control Problems Seal Of Pretty Good

2007 Acura TL engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Acura TL:

2007 Acura TL Owner Comments

Sep 092011

TL 6-cyl

On Friday, September 9, 2011 I experienced sudden acceleration. I was parking in a parking spot up against a curb. I was approximately three feet from the curb with my foot on the brake, when the car suddenly accelerated up and over the curb into a flower bed just missing a rock wall.

- Spokane Valley, WA, USA

Sep 182009

This week my Acura TL 2007 4 dr sdn at begin to miss a little when pressing the accelerator. Yesterday as I was pulling forward into an intersection when the light turned green my car would not accelerate when I pressed on the accelerator. Everyone started honking at my being in the way and I was able when pressing the accelerator to move the car very slowly to the side of the road. My electronic dashboard started lighting up that I must take my car to the dealer immediately. I turned off the air conditioner and for some reason my car would accelerator fast enough to drive the 10 miles to the Acura dealer. The Acura dealer checked out the problem and said they found that the P2138 app sensor had an internal failure. They replaced the app sensor. The service person explained that the car has a sensor that is connected to the accelerator and did not respond to pressing the accelerator like older cars used to do when they were connected to a cable. I asked if this was a recall issue and he said, "absolutely not." I shudder to think what would have happened if I needed to accelerate out of the way of an oncoming truck and the sensor failed.

- Weston, FL, USA