2.4

2008 Acura TL accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Acura TL:

2008 Acura TL Owner Comments

Oct 012013

TL 6-cyl

I purchased this vehicle, a 2008 Acura TL, in February of 2012 in South Florida. By April of 2013 the driver's seat leather was coming apart at the seams. I take care of my vehicles and had never had this happen. Acura "made a deal with me as the car was out of warranty, " and I had to pay a substantial amount of money for them to fix the seat. Within five (5) months of that, the passenger's seat began to come apart as well. It should be noted that it was very rare for me to have any passengers with me. When I was cleaning the car, I noticed the dashboard was cracking directly in front of the passenger's seat. I took the car back to Acura and they, after taking pictures and contacting their corporate office, Acura told me I would have to pay for the seat in it's entirety and half of the cost to replace the dashboard. They said dashboards crack in South Florida and they would only pay for part of the replacement and the seat was old and was normal wear. Again, rarely did anyone ride with me in my car. Additionally, when I took the car to pembroke pines Acura to have it examined, they said the center console cover was also bad and needed to be replaced--totally at my cost. I have lived in South Florida my entire life and the last car I owned that had a dashboard crack was back in the 1970's. with both front seats coming apart and the dashboard cracking, it is my opinion that there was defective material used on this car. I do have E-mails documenting all this to and from Acura dated November of 2013 to back up what is stated herein.

- Davie, FL, USA