1.9

2008 Acura TL miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Acura TL:

2008 Acura TL Owner Comments

Aug 152016

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 292016

TL

3 issues 1) two vertical cracks overnight on passenger side dash at air bag location-horizontal crack forming-fear of airbag deploying while driving causing me to wreck-should be recall-I no longer feel safe for fear or accidental deployment 2)bluetooth module failure-two batteries and alternator replaced-now have module disconnected-safety issue of not being able to use hfl while driving 3)since buying car in 2008, complained about drivers door closing back on my leg when I open it-have avoided injuries so far-as others stated, I have to kick door open or hold foot on it when exiting vehicle from what I have read many 2008 TL owners are having the same issues - whats it going to take for NHTSA to force Acura/Honda to address these issues? I dont have $2000 to replace a dash that I caused no part in the failure of. If my airbag deploys on its on while I am driving and I have an accident, there will be a lawsuit.

- Pike Road, AL, USA

Jun 152015

TL

As my car sat in a parking garage, not being driven, my dashboard developed two huge and deep cracks right on top of where my passenger airbag is. I called Acura customer service and was told that this is not a safety issue and since there is no recall anywhere on my vehicle that I would have to cover the entire cost of replacement. I do believe this is a safety concern considering the cracks are right on top of my airbag and do not know how this could affect the possible deployment of the airbags if needed.

- Columbus, GA, USA