NHTSA — Structure: Body Problems Notes: The 2012 Acura TL is showing an early trend of suspension problems, with owners reporting clunking or grinding sounds.

2012 Acura TL body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura TL:

2012 Acura TL Owner Comments

Feb 012012

I bought my TL in Oct of 2011. About a month later I noticed a chip in the lower rear door frame which I applied some touch up paint to. Well the chips keep showing up in the same area of the lower rear door frame. I have about 8 on the passenger side and six on the driver side. The dealership believes that the front tires are throwing rocks and hitting in this part of the car. The rear quarter panels need to be repainted now to fix the chips. The dealership wants to install mud flaps (flares) on the tires and a paint film to the door edge. This is going to have to come out of my pocket. The dealership told me that this is not an isolated issue, other customers are having the same problem. This is a design error to me and I believe Acura should fix it. So far they won't even think of it since it's a rock. But the car is doing this to it's self.

- Anchorage, AK, USA