NHTSA — Service Brakes Problems Notes: The 2012 Acura TL is showing an early trend of suspension problems, with owners reporting clunking or grinding sounds.

2012 Acura TL brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura TL:

2012 Acura TL Owner Comments

Jun 132013

TL 6-cyl

I was trying to make a stop at an intersection and there was a car in front of me. I slowed down and when I attempted to make the stop and placed my foot on the brake the car began to accelerate. At this time, I hit the back of a vehicle which was stopped in front of me and did very little damage as I was traveling only at 12 mph. There was more damage done to my vehicle than to the other party because he was driving an SUV which sat up high and it damage my hood and pushed the front of my vehicle in and broke the vent and radiator.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 102012

TL 6-cyl

Turned corner in large center city and hit a construction large pot hole and/or obstruction on the left rear. After completing turn onto a narrow one-way street acceleration increased, brakes did not work, engine could not be turned off, gears could not move. After going through two major intersections without accident I kept pulling on the emergency brake. The car slowly stopped and was then perfectly normal. Could use the brakes, shift, etc. I parked overnight in a garage. Had the car towed to dealer the next day (7/21/12), where it is still unresolved. Dealer said car is ok, but is now being analyzed by Acura corporate engineers. I had three other people who were in the car at the time, including my wife, who will not ever go into this car. The car was only 10 days after purchasing.

- Furlong, PA, USA