NHTSA — Electrical System Problems

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Acura TL is showing an early trend of suspension problems, with owners reporting clunking or grinding sounds.

2.9

2012 Acura TL electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura TL:

2012 Acura TL Owner Comments

Jul 232015

TL

I was driving my 2012 Acura TL and the car just stalled on me all of a sudden. The car wouldn't start since then. All the light were coming on but there was no crank. I took it to the dealership, and they told me its the PCM. I didn't see any sign, the car was driving good before that happened. Another issue with the car that I noticed was, when the car shift to the seconf gear, it jerks which is not normal to me. I haven't seen any other problem yet, because I just purchased the car.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jun 052015

TL

The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. While driving 40 mph, the passenger side air bag warning light failed to illuminate when the passenger seat was occupied. The failure recurred on multiple occasions. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,600.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Aug 252013

TL

Keyless start (push button) and problem occurred when no warning that key fob was not in vicinity of car after car was started and driven 2 hours away. My daughter handed me her keys to the Acura TL (incl key fob) through the drivers side window after the car had been started so I could get some items out of our other car before she left to return to her home 5 hours away. I retrieved her items but forgot to give her the key fob back as the car was running and no warning indicators were given (audio or visual) that the key fob was not in the vicinity of the car. She headed off and stopped 2 hours later for gas only to find the car would not restart - due to the missing key fob. After experimentation and reading the owners manual I found that only when the door is opened and the fob is removed from the vehicle will a notice and alarm be given. If passed through an open window (as we did) no warning of any kind is given and the driver can drive off as if everything is fine. This is a significant flaw in the remote fob system and caused myself and my daughter significant amounts of stress and time to drive to her location to deliver the fob needed to restart the car. Acura claims no problems from their side but I believe this is a significant issue with the system that needs to be addressed. It may be more than just Acura that have this problem.

- Ventura, CA, USA