NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2012 Acura TL (Page 1 of 2)

CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2012 Acura TL is showing an early trend of suspension problems, with owners reporting clunking or grinding sounds.

2012 Acura TL seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura TL:

2012 Acura TL Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 122016

TL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Clairmont, FL, USA

TL 6-cyl

Takata recall. Received notice in March 2016 that my vehicle is part of the takata airbag recall. I have contacted my servicing dealer monthly since then to schedule an appointment for replacement, but am continually told that the replacement for my vehicle is not yet available, and they do not know when it will be available. It is now October 16 - 7 months after I received the notice. I'm driving daily in a car that could conceivably kill me - even in a minor front-end collision. (yes, I know - don't have a front end collision. I can't control every driver on the road). I can't trade it in, because it's worthless due to the unresolved recall. Acura should buy back these cars that they cannot fix in a timely manner. Completely unacceptable handling of this situation.

- Newton, NJ, USA

Apr 152016

TL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. The contact received a recall notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Greenville, NC, USA

Sep 092016

TL

Takata recall in March 2016, I received an official recall notice regarding takata airbag on my 2012 Acura TL from Acura international. The letter stated that the "fix" would be available summer 2016. Summer has come and gone with no notification that part was in stock at dealership (mike harvey, burlingame ca). In the meantime, I have bought a new car and am trying to sell my TL. I have been told point blank by potential buyers that they either aren't interested or are offering significantly less than my asking price because airbag has not been resolved. After a week of conversations and run around with both the dealership and Acura international, I have been told there is nothing that can be done and that no one has any idea when to anticipate the part being available. What I was told (as a sidebar by Acura service department) was the airbag in question is actually the driver side airbag and it could pose a risk until fixed that should be mentioned upon selling the vehicle. At this point, it is 6 months past the original date of notification of the recall. I am essentially being prevented from selling my car at a fair and reasonable price because Acura cannot fix the problem and I now have to question the safety of driving the vehicle in light of the information the service department inadvertently shared with me. Bottom line, I just want Acura to resolve their problem in a timely manner (whatever that is 6 months later) so I can proceed and sell my car. I have already purchased a new car and don't really want 2 cars to be dealing with. Anything you can find out and resolve would be greatly appreciated. Please contact me if you need further information.

- San Mateo, CA, USA

TL

I received a recall notice back in March about defective airbags. I have since been trying to get the problem resolved but the dealer continues to say they don't have the part. I'm currently pregnant with a 3 year old and we are riding around in a car with a recall notice that says I could potentially die if the airbags inflate. I was told back in March that Acura would possibly pay for us a rental but the chance that my car was affected was low. I'm just surprised and frustrated that this issue hasn't been resolved and it's going on 6 months.

- Vass, NC, USA

Aug 222016

TL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Calendonia, IL, USA

Jun 142016

TL

Takata recall in June 2016 I received a recall notice from Acura regarding the above vehicle. Each month I have called about the air bag recall and I have been informed that the recall replacement parts are not available. Why are they dragging their feet on a potential deadly and libelous defect?

- Missoula, MT, USA

May 202016

TL

Takata recall. I reported notification of the recall to my dealer, open road Acura, East brunswick, in March 2016. Part wasn't ordered until May 20, 2016. I call the dealer every 2-3 weeks, and have been told the airbags have not been received yet, 90 days later. Please note that I have moved since receiving the recall notice from 17 millburn ct, old bridge, 08857 to 14 sahalee dr., monroe, 08831.

- Monroe, NJ, USA

TL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V61000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Monterey Park, CA, USA

TL

Takata recall in March of 2016 I received notice of this recall on my vehicle. The notice indicated that parts for the recall would be available in summer of this year. As it is now August 10, 2016 and I have had received no further communication, I called the manufacturer for an update. I was told that parts are still not available and that they are anticipated in parts to be available in September - no firm date. All the passengers in my vehicle are at risk of serious injury or death due to this faulty product and will remain so until this issue is corrected. Five months of no update and no correction to the issue is unacceptable. I hold the us government and Acura responsible for the delays in correcting this dangerous, unsafe condition and any and all damages, liabilities and claims that may arise from this unacceptable delay. A copy of this communique is being provided to my attorney.

- Cary, IL, USA

Jul 302016

TL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. While at a red light, another vehicle crashed into the contact's vehicle from the rear. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained neck and back injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was towed to the towing facility. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 48,000.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

TL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Byhalia, MS, USA

Apr 152016

TL

Takada recall: I received the recall notice in early April 2016. I brought my car to gillman Acura dealer at 18002 I-45 North, houston, tx 77090 on April 15 and picked up a loaner car on April 16, 2016. I waited over 5 weeks and stopped by the dealer (by early June 2016). I was told by the dealer that part was not available by the time and that the dealer would call and send me a letter when it becomes available for repair. It has been over 3 months now and I still have not received any calls or letters from Acura dealer. I understand that Acura does give me a loaner car. However, I am the only one who can drive the loaner car due to Acura insurance rules while my wife and I share the Acura every day. This has given my wife and me a lot of problems in the past 3 months. What should I do so that I can get my car fixed soon? any help will be greatly appreciated. Nghiem nguyen.

- Spring, TX, USA

Mar 102016

TL

Takata recall. Air bag light continues to come on when there's a front seat passenger.

- Camden, AR, USA

Feb 122016

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Feb 032016

TL

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cranford, NJ, USA

Mar 302016

- Rohnert Park, CA, USA

Jun 162016

TL

The contact owns a 2012 Acura TL. The contact's vehicle was repaired per NHTSA campaign number: 16V061000 (air bags) on June 16, 2016. However, the vehicle was still experiencing the same failure with the air bag warning light remaining illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 62,900.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

May 162016

TL

Takata recall- has the part be created to fix the problem

- Mobile, AL, USA

Mar 262016

TL

Takata recall. I live in North Carolina. The Acura TL is kept at a home I own in woodridge, il. I received a notice from Acura in March 2016 that the airbag needed to be replaced. I contacted mcgrath Acura of westmont where I purchased the car to have the airbag replaced. The appointment date that mcgrath gave me was Tuesday May 10, 2016. On Saturday May 7 my wife and I flew from charlotte. Nc to midway, il specifically to take the Acura to mcgrath for the recall repair to be carried out tomorrow. This morning I received a reminder notice from mcgrath that my appointment time was scheduled for tomorrow at 8:00 am. I contacted mcgrath by phone and I'm now told by mcgrath that they do not have the parts to do replaced the airbag. 1). nobody from mcgrath contacted me to tell me that they do not have the replacement parts for the airbag. 2). today I receive an email from mcgrath telling me that the work is still scheduled for tomorrow even though they do not have the parts. 3). I'm very upset. I have incurred costs to fly from North Carolina to Illinois specifically to have the airbag replaced. I have invested time and effort on this matter and my time and effort has been completely wasted. 4). how do I go about getting reimbursed for my time and costs. Please advise.

- Denver, NC, USA