NHTSA — Visibility: Windshield Problems

2014 Acura TL windows / windshield problems

windows / windshield problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Acura TL:

2014 Acura TL Owner Comments

Sep 092014

TL 6-cyl

After finishing work, I opened the car door, turned the ignition on and then shut the front door when all of a sudden I heard a loud boom. I turned around to see my rear windshield spontaneously shattered with glass everywhere including my 2 car seats. My concern is that this occurred spontaneously without trauma or change in temperature and if this occurred while in motion or if my grandchildren were in the car, they could have been severely injured. This car is newly purchased approximately 3-4 weeks ago and specifically because I was under the impression it was one of the safest cars. Now to find that this is not the case, I am asking for a new Acura TL or else I am considering trading it in for another new car. I cannot take any chances since I care for my grandchildren and need to make sure they are safe. Another concern, is that even if they fix the damage, the windshield will be weaker than factory installed and may occur again. That cannot happen. I am extremely dissatisfied with this Acura TL and will settle for nothing less than a new car or I will be forced to trade it in.

- Gibbsboro, NJ, USA