2004 Acura TSX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Acura TSX:

2004 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Jun 062016

TSX

Takata airbag: The 2004 Tsx Acura side airbag inflated while the car parked. As soon as my son entered the car he said it sounded like someone threw a brick at the window. And then the airbag deflated hitting him on the side of his face. It frightened him. He drove it to karen radley Acura dealers and they told him it was not a defect. I spoke to the gentleman and said it had to be a defect because nothing caused it to deflate. I have pictures to show there was no impact. The dealership want to charge me $3100 for the repair work.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jun 072016

TSX

Takata recall upon getting in the vehicle I simply sat in the driver seat, and closed the door. As soon as the door shut closed, the driver side curtain air bag deployed hitting me in the head neck and shoulder area. Triggering me to have muscle spasms in my back, severe head ache, and to be disoriented after being struck so abruptly and with out warning. The vehicle was still parked, I had not even had an opportunity to put the keys in the ignition. The car has not been in an accident, there was no damage to the vehicle, ir any reason for the airbag to deploy. I took the car to the dealership to have this manufacturer deffect fixed. At the dealer I was told that they will not cover it as a manufacturer deffect, and will cost me $3100 to fix. The dealers words to me were, "air bags do not just deploy on their own." Upon further investigation of my own ive found at least 25 other complaints of people with the same make and year model with similar air bag issues.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Mar 072016

TSX

The airbag or SRS light is constantly on indicating that it will not deploy in an accident. This happens after starting the engine. The reason appears to be a failed electrical component in the seat belt buckle. This is a major safety issue that is and has been faced by a lot of Tsx owners. Contacted Acura but they will not cover anything, either to replace the component or even to diagnose the exact issue. Their position is: Seat belts still work and so it is not a defect. Note that the airbags still won't deploy with this parts defect. The dealer concurs with Acura. Since this is a known and widespread reported safety issue, Acura should be asked to issue a recall.

- Laguna Hills, CA, USA

Jul 242015

TSX

The contact owns a 2004 Acura Tsx. While at a stop light, the passenger side curtain air bag deployed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 140,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 142015

TSX

I was driving down a normal street at 5:00pm with the front windows down. With no prior indication or warnings the side impact air bag deployed with a disorienting "pop", violently punching me in the left arm. This caused my car to swerve, but I was able to maintain control and avoided any accidents. By all accounts, I was lucky; this could have been much worse.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Feb 282014

TSX 4-cyl

Slid on gravels in the road hit a fence front end damage replace bumper headlight hood and driver panel replaced underneath protections in front end of car airbag light stays on continually called dealer ship said was not a recall on this safety issue.

- Elizabethton, TN, USA

Mar 222013

TSX 4-cyl

I was driving at 45mph and hit a pot whole, instantly my drivers side air bags deployed in my seat and side window panel.

- Mahopac, NY, USA

Apr 032012

TSX

Air bag warning light comes on intermittently indicating side air bag. Does not indicate which side. Happens with or without passenger. Internet search revealed several mentions of the same. There are no tsbs.

- Damascus, MD, USA

Sep 162010

TSX

I was involved in a six vehicle accident in which I rear ended another vehicle going at a speed of about 55 mph, I had major front end damage which led to my car being totaled. During the accident, my passenger seat airbag deployed (with no one sitting in the seat) and my driver side airbag did not deploy. The seat belt extended so far that I hit my chest against the steering, which tells me it did not lock. I notified Honda concerning this issue, they had an inspector come out, just to tell me that my car was "smart, but stupid" that it is not up to safety code for today, but it was at the time it was released in 2004! this is completely absurd to me. I've obtain other opinions in the matter and they agree as well. After reading other complaints concerning this problem, I believe this should have been investigated further. Not simply swept under the rug or the statement made "the car did what it was suppose to do". obviously it did not. People could have been killed. And I will be going further with my complaint.

- Bowie, MD, USA

Dec 192007

TSX 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2004 Acura Tsx. While accelerating between 35-75 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle would restart within 1-10 minutes. The dealer was unable to duplicate or repair the failure. There was a recall for the 2005 Acura Tsx; NHTSA campaign id number 07V097000 (fuel system, gasoline:delivery:fuel pump). The failure mileage was 76,400 and current mileage was 77,000. Updated 01/29/08 the dealer replaced the fuel pump relay and cam shaft sensor. The air bag light illuminated occasionally, the battery was replaced. The seat belt buckle was replaced. Updated

- Corl Springs , FL, USA

Dec 122005

TSX 4-cyl

My wife was driving along and hit a piece of metal on the highway and had a blow out but maintained control of the vehicle and the passenger side curtain air bag and passenger seat air bag both deployed.

- Hamilton, NJ, USA

Oct 072005

TSX

Air bags deploy because a piece of wood hit under the car, oil leak

- Carson , CA, USA

Nov 192004

TSX 4-cyl

Rear ended another vehicle at 25 mph and my passenger airbag deployed without anyone being in the passenger seat. My airbag didn't deploy. I suffered a whiplash as a result. The collision was head on and I feel my airbag should have deployed. Acura says the car behaved the way it should have, but I feel that explanation is insufficient. I have spoken to experts in the area as well and they feel like me that the airbag should have deployed. It is my firm belief that this vehicle is defective.

- Roeland Park, KS, USA

Oct 282004

TSX 4-cyl

My 2004 Acura Tsx and I were involved in a front collision (the front of my car hit the rear end of a car in front of me. The front left side of my Tsx struck the right rear side of a late model Chevy Impala. The impact set off my passenger side airbag, but not my driver side airbag. I was driving and struck my head on the steering wheel of my Tsx. The seat belt did not catch me and airbag did not deploy. I sustained a concussion from the incident and feel that my airbag should deploy. Every auto expert, including my Acura dealer, said my airbag should have deployed or my seat belt should have caught me. Acura (the corporation) refuses to even investigate the matter, saying that the car performed as it should have. I don't believe this is true at all.

- Spring, TX, USA