NHTSA — Structure Problems

2008 Acura TSX body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Acura TSX:

2008 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Nov 152009

2008 Acura Tsx--there is no coverage in the lower console area from the leading edge of pedal to the end of the floor dash area. Adjacent to the pedal is an open exposed area where a covered plastic area heats up. I was told that this area is where the exhaust pipe and catalytic converter travels. This is problematic because heat is generated constantly on my feet, right foot in particular. I have looked at other models and this opening does not exist in any other Acura models both new and old. I was told by the dealer and Acura manufacturer that this is the design, yet I feel this heat generation, adjacent to my feet is unusual and for me very uncomfortable. I also use extra air conditioning to counteract the heat generation. But that still does not keep the area from getting hot. Again, the bottom side console is only covered to the leading edge of foot pedal and the remainder area is exposed. I have complained on and off regarding heat thinking something was unusual, so this has been ongoing since I purchased the vehicle. Please note this problem has been ongoing I only accidentally realized this hot area specifically, when I had dropped an item near the pedal, a few weeks ago and happened to touch the hot area.

- Wethersfield, CT, USA