NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2010 Acura TSX seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Acura TSX:

2010 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Jul 112016

TSX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Acura Tsx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Slidell, LA, USA

Jul 202016

TSX 4-cyl

Takata recall - dealership notified on July 20th, 2016 and as of September 23, my replacement part has not arrived. (cerritos Acura, ca). I called customer relations and they will forward loaner car request to case manager to possibly supply a loaner car. My complaint to your Agency is that I have not had full use of my car for over 2 months now, and there is no expected date in sight. I have elderly parents that I drive them and two toddler children I drive to school. I bought a 4-door sedan to drive my family and am being denied that. Please put more pressure, demands, fines to Acura to solve the problem. Thank you!!!

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 142016

TSX

The recall was issued May 2016. Passengers not allowed in front seat. Remedy still not available. It is September, 14, 2016. I have children and need the seating. My children are catching the bus, or I am borrowing vehicles. It is absolutely imperative we receive a loaner car

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jul 082016

TSX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Acura Tsx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 09/20/16 updated 09/26/16.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Aug 032016

TSX

The contact owns a 2010 Acura Tsx. While making a turn at 30 mph in inclement weather, the vehicle hydroplaned and crashed into a pole. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained a chest injury that did not require medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a dealer, but was not diagnosed. The body damage was repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage and VIN were unknown.

- Lithona, GA, USA

Jul 182016

TSX

Takata recall - I recieved notification on July 17th, 2016 about a recall for my 2010 Acura Tsx. I immediately called the dealer for an appointment, I was put on a waiting list for parts and was told it would take 90-120 days for parts. I then requested a different vehicle to drive which was denied. I carpool in my car every day, yet the Acura recall notice instructs me not to use the passenger seat. This is not practical and parts should be made available sooner or a different car provided.

- Acworth, GA, USA

Jul 292016

TSX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Acura Tsx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jul 012016

TSX

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Acura Tsx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bakersville, CA, USA

Jul 252016

TSX

The contact owns a 2010 Acura Tsx. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V346000 (air bags) however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact stated the air bag warning light was illuminated. The approximate failure mileage was 80,000. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Italy, TX, USA

Jun 192012

TSX 4-cyl

On the afternoon of June 19th I arrived at my destination, put the vehicle in park and was sitting in my car with the engine running when the dash indicator read "check airbag system". I continued to gather my things, when suddenly the airbags deployed, hitting my left arm and momentarily deafening my hearing. The car had not been impacted or jarred in any way that may have caused the airbags to deploy. The next morning I drove the car to Acura and they initially said they would repair it. A week or so later they claimed the computer indicated the car had been in a collision yet there was no visible damage. Clearly the vehicle had a defective sensor yet they refused to take responsibility. They wanted me to file a claim with my insurance company for repairs. I was asked to return the loaner they had issued me and take possession of my car. They were willing to send me off in an unsafe car with the deployed airbags hanging! I reluctantly opened a claim with my insurance company which was subsequently denied because there was no collision. My insurance company suggested I sue american Honda. A couple of days later american Honda made a "goodwill gesture" by agreeing to repair my vehicle. They still refuse to acknowledge that the vehicle may have had a defective sensor. Over a month later I will finally be getting my car back yet I'm a bit nervous at the thought that it may happen again and possibly while I'm driving. I register this complaint for any future incidences.

- Bermuda Dunes, CA, USA