NHTSA — Engine Problems

6.0

2012 Acura TSX engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Acura TSX:

2012 Acura TSX Owner Comments

Jul 122013

TSX

I have had several episodes of engine hesitation. I have always used premium gas. I returned for an oil change (annual service) and also asked if any engine hesitation service bulletins or advisories had been issued. None had been. These episodes have occurred about 20 times with the car. It always occurred when accelerating moderately from below 20 miles an hour. It last from 2 to 3 seconds, while the engine does nothing. The hesitation cannot be summoned upon demand. On some occasions, the hesitation has put me at risk of collision, where I could not go forward but had to brake. The risk of nonperformance is always present and is a constant source of dissatisfaction for us.

- Sylmar, CA, USA

Jan 152014

TSX 4-cyl

On 7/3/2013, I took my car in to the dealer for service because it had demonstrated several episodes of engine hesitation. I have always used premium gas. The car was checked, but the symptoms were not observed and no cause could be determined. On 9/19/2013, I returned for an oil change (annual service) and also asked if any engine hesitation service bulletins or advisor's had been issued. None had been. These episodes: "have occurred about 15 times while owning the car. ?have all occurred when accelerating moderately from below 20 miles an hour. ?have occurred under all combinations of engine and air temperatures. ?last from 2 to 3 seconds, while the engine does nothing. "are intermittent and cannot be summoned upon demand. On some occasions, the hesitation has put me at risk of collision, where I could not go forward but had to brake. The risk of nonperformance is always present and is a constant source of dissatisfaction for me. Based on my limited understanding, my guess is the cause involves a sensor or computer.

- Orange, CA, USA

Mar 242014

TSX 4-cyl

When the vehicle is started it makes a noise as if my car was already started and I was trying to start it again. Happens when car has sat for a few hours. If the vehicle is accelerated fast it smells as if something is burning.

- Farmington, NM, USA