7.5

2015 Audi A3 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Audi A3:

2015 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Jan 022016

A3

At 5 months - engine almost overheated. Car towed to dealer where they found the fan and computer module failed and had to be replaced. At 7 months (current issue) - warning light came on and advised that brakes failed. Dealer found that the master brake cylinder failed. Internal camera showed seals failed and were leaking. This car is too new for such a major part to fail this way.

- Canton, GA, USA

Aug 102014

A3 4-cyl

I bought a brand new 2.0 Audi A3 from the dealer this May. I got a low oil warning with only 2700 miles on the car, and the oil is dark and dirty compare to the loner car I got. It has been three times I brought my car back to the service department in the dealer, but they never solved the problem. First time, they toped up the oil. After two weeks, the oil was low again, so I brought it back. This time, they changed a new oil tank cap for me, but two weeks later, the oil was low. I drove it back to the service, this time actually the Audi company told me that is because my car is still in break-in period and just topped up the oil again. But as an engineer, I know it cannot be 2 qt per 1000 miles.

- Chicago, IL, USA