2015 Audi A3 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Audi A3:

2015 Audi A3 Owner Comments

Jul 012016

As others have previously mentioned, the low beams / regular headlights on the A3 are set too low and so much of the road ahead remains black. This is a hazard as you are not aware of obstacles and turns in the road until too late.

- San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 012016

The low beam headlighting suddenly drops off into dark area about 25 feet in front. The dealership adjusted the headlights upward to the limit they claim they can. However, it remains very dark beyond the headlight reach, when on unlit rural roads. A person or animal in that zone would not be seen in time to avoid.

- Morin Heights, NH, USA

Nov 222015

The low beam headlights are too low. There is a drop-off so there appears a dark area about 10 feet in front and to the left of the driver side when driving. It's almost like the right beam is crossing the left. The dealership stated that it had to do with european code and that nothing could be done. I have driven many cars in my life where this is not an issue. This is a serious safety issue in my opinion - it's difficult to see the road.

- Middleton, WI, USA

Nov 112015

The headlights on the 2015 Audi A3 inadeqately lights the road ahead especially on the drivers side. It is very difficult to see the road ahead to the point that it has become a safery problem to myself and anyone using this vehicle. This problem was brought to the dealers attention and was told that this is how the headlights were designed and we must live with it. They let us drive an Audi A4 home in the dark and had no problem with the headlights and seeing the road in short, there is a real safety problem here that needs to be corrected on the 2015 Audi A3 !!!!

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Dec 112014

I was behind a newer Audi sedan (possible A3 2.0T) at night, and was blinded by the brightness from the brake lights. The lights were too bright for me to safely keep my eyes on the road. I was driving a 2001 Lexus LX470, so I don't know if the height of my vehicle made a difference on the angle of the light. I had to get in front of the vehicle to avoid a possible accident.

- Alexandria, VA, USA