1997 Audi A4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Audi A4:

1997 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Feb 021999

A4 4WD

My 1997 Audi A4 has experienced almost non braking in cold/wet conditions. When brakes are initially applied during these conditions there is almost zero braking for 50 feet at 35 mph or less. I have come very close to rear ending a few cars that cut in front of you. I have contacted Audi of America and there response was that no known poor braking condition exists when brakes are cold/wet. Yet there is a news bulletin on Audi's own european web site indicating that there is a problem with brakes when wet. Also many readers on the web site here in the us have been complaining for a long time. I hope that you would please look into this matter as a fatality can exist in this case. I have owned many us/european/Japanese vehicles and never experienced such poor wet braking!

- Beaver Meadows, PA, USA