4.0

1997 Audi A4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Audi A4:

1997 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Nov 242004

A4 4-cyl

We have experienced an oil sludge related failure on our 1997 Audi A4. Ingrid evert, from the office of Audi of America's mark trahan, has told me that my car will not be covered by their extended warranty, despite the fact that my car is within the VIN range affected by what is, in her words, a "manufacturing defect". her reason for refusal is the fact that I change my own oil and thus lack receipts. So, although my car is within the affected VIN range, and I have performed all oil changes in excess of the manufacturer's recommendations, and many owners are experiencing this failure regardless of the maintenance performed on the car, my car is not covered.

- Pascoag, RI, USA

Oct 021997

A4 4WD

Plaza motors has ignored complaints. Am now using parktown. Better, but am ready to get rid of car because problems are persisting. Do not feel that Audi even cares. No safety defect mentioned in the summmary.

- Manchester, MO, USA

Oct 021997

A4 4WD

Plaza motors has ignored complaints. Am now using parktown. Better, but am ready to get rid of car because problems are persisting. Do not feel that Audi even cares. No safety defect mentioned in the summary.

- Manchester, MO, USA