1997 Audi A4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Audi A4:

1997 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Jul 032014

A4 4-cyl

• 2,040,560 miles

I was sitting at a stop light and was struck from behind at speeds between 40 to 60 miles a hour. My airbags did not deploy and my driver seat came lose from the floor and because of this I received injuries to my neck and face.

- Flethcer, NC, USA

Jan 272014

A4

In a snow storm, driver braked at an intersection, automatic brakes kicked in but did not stop the 10 mile per hour slide through the intersection. Car stopped parallel to the curb and was immediately T-boned by an SUV. Air bags did not deploy. Driver was wearing aseat belt and suffered a brokev arm...lucky. Based upon the condytion of the car, driver should be dead.

- Englewood, CO, USA

Jan 042013

A4 4-cyl

I was stopped at a red light when a car crashed into the back of my 1997 Audi A4. This caused my car to crash into the car in front of me and that car to crash in to the car in front of it. My driver-side air bag did not deploy and my seat belt did not lock up. The air bag on the passenger side did deploy. Because the air bag and seat belt did not work, I hit the windshield and had to go to the hospital for medical attention.

- Denver, PA, USA