2002 Audi A4 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Audi A4:

2002 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Mar 282010

On 3-25- I bought a 2002 Audi A4 quattro from a local used car dealer. At the time of purchase the "check engine" light was on and the car could not pass inspection.the seller assured me that the car would pass inspection after he changed the catalytic converter. He held onto the car and a week later I got it back and the inspection sticker was affixed. Shortly thereafter while driving the car 20 mph down the street of dracut, MA the rear driver's-side rear wheel fell off. The dracut police responded and documented the incident. They called a tow truck and the car was returned to the seller. He suggested that his mechanic had failed to tighten the lug nuts after doing brake work on the rear brakes... the wheel was re-attached by the seller (or his mechanic). A few days later the "check engine" light came back on since the after-market converter failed and the car could not pass inspection. On another occasion the engine splashguard fell off the car outside the door of the seller. I left the car there. The splashguard was re-attached by the seller or his mechanic (with plastic ties, since he claimed he did not have the parts... even though he had my car for over 24 hrs!). what if I had been driving the car when this occurred" in both cases I could have been killed or injured, and other people could have been killed or injured as well. I question if these are "isolated" incidents, and if this is an ongoing pattern of deceptive and unfair practices which are placing the citizenry health and safety at risk" I subsequently returned the vehicle to the seller and demanded a refund under the MA lemon law warranty. I was refunded my purchase price. The seller has refused to reimburse me my "incidental costs" as required by this law. I have sent the seller a demand letter and will pursue the matter in court if he does not reimburse the money I lost - a sum O $1738.37.

- Dracut, MA, USA