$8,400.00

1. replace engine (1 reports)
2004 Audi A4 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi A4:

2004 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Sep 122006

A4

I leased a 2004 AUDI A4 convertible, 1.8T engine in April 2004. I was told by the salesman (no longer working for the dealership) to bring my car in for an Oil Change at 10,000 miles. When I brought it in for the 10k oil change, the service manager informed me that I was required under my lease to bring it in at 5,000 miles, not 10,000 miles. The dealership did the service under the lease warranty agreement and I was told to bring it in at 15,000 miles. The Audi dealership performed the 15k mile oil change under warranty also. I was informed at this time that the oil needed to be changed every 10,000 miles, (at 25k, 35, and so on). I got the oil changed, not through Audi, at 25,000 miles, 32,000 miles and then again at 35,700. At 36,300 miles the ENGINE SEIZED and the Audi Service manager told me it was from "OIL SLUDGE". In addition, the Service Mgr. said it was my fault because I missed the oil change at 5,000 miles.....30,000 miles earlier in the engines life. Audi offered to fix it IF I pay 25% of the cost, which is $8,400 in total, my share would be $2,100.

HELP, I DON'T HAVE THIS KIND OF MONEY TO SPEND ON A LEASED CAR, WHICH IS UP IN JULY OF 2007. I DON'T THINK THAT THE OIL SLUDGE PROBLEM WAS SOMETHING I AM AT FAULT FOR. CAN ANY ONE HELP ME ???

- , Naples, FL, USA