2004 Audi A4 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi A4:

2004 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Aug 152011

A4 4-cyl

2004 Audi A4 with intermittent fuel pump failure. On several occasions the car would stop running while driving and then restart after some time. The latest event occurred at the airport and almost caused an accident. I had the car towed to a repair shop and it was determined that the fuel pump was not operating resulting in $800 in repairs. This is a dangerous situation and appears to be a larger problem with this vehicle. A recall of the 2002-2003 did not capture these other vehicles which have the same problem. Since this can result in injury and/or death, its critical that the government investigate for recall. Audi will not take responsibility unless held accountable.

- Robbinsville, NJ, USA

Mar 072011

A4 4WD 4-cyl

2004 Audi A4 fuel pump failure causes car to stall. My car stalled on the freeway and almost caused a significant accident!

- Santa Monica, CA, USA

Apr 022010

A4 4-cyl

I have a 2004 Audi A4 1.8 turbo.. 5:45pm on a heavy traffic Friday before easter week.. my call stalled while I driving home with both kids. I was very lucky and fortunate that a truck driver got out of his truck and pushed my car to the curb. I had it towed to the nearest Audi dealership since it was close to 8pm by the time the tow truck arrived. Service rep calls me the following day (Saturday morning) and said it was the fuel pump injector that needed to be replaced. How can we complain to Audi manufacturer since I noticed tons of fuel pump issues for the 2004 A4 Audi.

- Livermore, CA, USA

Aug 212009

2004 Audi A4 1.8T fuel pump failed while pulling into a parking lot. Had to push it into the grass. No warning about any problem. I use only 91 - 93 grade gas and it has about 71,000 miles on it.

- Winter Haven, FL, USA