1. replace wheels (1 reports)
2004 Audi A4 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi A4:

2004 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Aug 182007

A4 Quattro T5 3.0L V6

I purchased this vehicle less than two months ago. The first time that I hosed the rims and gently brushed, they appeared to be acid-stained or something like that. I purchased Mothers Metal Polish, which the dealership told me was the best for my cast alloy wheels. (I have since found out that might not be a good choice at all.) After rubbing for a while, I was told that I have now rubbed off the paint. I don't get it. I thought the wheels were alloy. Are they coated with some poly substance? Have I ruined them? There must be something that I can do rather than have them resurfaced. Some of the stains can be buffed off, yet I am afraid that I will once again polish off the "paint" or whatever it is. This has affected all 4 rims. They look horrid! Could it have been some minerial deposit in the water such as lime? What do I do? I want to remove the stains and have them look they way they did when I purchased the vehicle.

- , New Haven, VT, USA