2004 Audi A4 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi A4:

2004 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Jan 012011

I have a set of nexen N5000 tires. These were bought on 01/02/2009 and installed in the same month. The tires both have cracks around the sidewall. One is worse than the other but both are cracking in the same area. They are also not holding air as well as before. The information on the tires is... dot 8eol bebr 4508 E4 0236273.

- Springfield, VA, USA

Jul 142008

The contact owns a 2004 Audi A4. The vehicle has Goodyear assurance comfort tread tires (na). While the contact was examining her vehicle, she noticed that the front driver's side tread was separating from the tire. The vehicle was taken to the tire dealer and they diagnosed it as alignment failure. There were no warnings prior to the failure. The VIN and tire size were unknown. The failure mileage was 21,000.

- Seekonk, MA, USA

May 132008

I own a 2004 Audi A4 3.0 quattro with pirelli P6 4seasons P235/34R17 tires. I took the car to the Firestone tire store to get the tires balanced because they were vibrating. The Firestone store employee showed me the tires later on because he believed these were unsafe to drive. A total of three of the tires showed some type of defect: One of the tires (front left) has a big bubble in the center of the tire, the other two tires (both are rear) are coming apart in the inside wall (I can provide a pictures of the tires--the defected tire with the bubble can not be noticed unless the tire is placed on the balanced machine). Both rear tires are actually coming apart in the same pattern. I started researching on the NHTSA website and it appears that these tires were collected among other eleven tires (twelve total models) a collection site in phoenix, Arizona on or about 2004 to conduct a study. The website I found this article is: (see appendix a, and appendix E). I would like to know how I can get pirelli to replace these tires at no cost since these tires appear to have a at least 5 to 10,000 miles remaining of life. I would like to thank you in advance for your assistance in this matter which would indeed save lives.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Nov 282007

A4 4-cyl

I brought my 2004 Audi A4 to jack daniels motors in March of 2007 to get new tires. They of course suggested pirelli tires and really didn't offer me any other choices. So I spent $826.21 for new pirelli in March, 2007. Well now it's November of 2007 and I brought my Audi back to them and they told me that the tires had to be changed because they lost the threads and were gong bald. When I told them I just put the tires on eight (8) months ago and weren't they warranted, they told me they weren't. why would Audi put on tires that didn't come with a warranty"??" I called pirelli customer service and they told me the same thing.. I have had my tires replaced because they were not safe to drive on especially with the winter months upon me. I did not get tires from them, I bought tires that had a warranty from an tire dealer and they weren't pirelli. I would never again buy pirelli tires and feel I should get my money back for the garbage they put on the car at such a ridiculously high price.

- Fair Lawn, NJ, USA

Oct 012003

As an owner of a 2004 Audi A4 w/ pirelli P6 four season 17" tires have been very disappointed not with the performance of the vehicle but the tires. All of the failures have been under normal driving conditions and the vehicle has only 18,300 miles on 3/16/06. The tires in all failures have developed bubbles on the side walls and/or have blown out while driving. Luckily no injuries to anybody has occurred during each incident and the tires each time had to be replaced at $145 a tire. I filed a complaint w/ better business bureau (BBB) to receive some type of compensation and pirelli did indeed mail a check for a disclosed amount. I wish more complaints to the BBB would be filed also to document this on going problem with pirelli tire and this actual tire.

- College Point, NY, USA

Feb 052004

A4 4-cyl

While driving 30 mph, the consumer hit a pot hole. Suddenly, the vehicle vibrated uncontrollably. The consumer pulled over, and noticed that the front passenger tire was flat. The mechanic replaced the tire. A few months later, the problem recurred with front driver's side tire. This problem also occurred with the consumers parents' vehicle which was equipped with the same tires.

- North Caldwell, NJ, USA

Jul 062004

A4 4-cyl

The right rear tire on my vehicle blew out with a total of 1400 miles on it. The blow-out was on the inside wall approximately 2 inches above the tread and 4-6 inches in length. It also resulted in property damage to my wheel well and the manufacturer will not process the property damage claim unless I pay ($275) for the replacement tire first (which I will be reimbursed 3-4 weeks later) even after an authorized dealer has deemed the tire defective. If I drop the property damage claim, then I can get my replacement tire at no charge.

- Palmetto, FL, USA

Jun 012004

A4 6-cyl

After 4,500 miles, the front tire developed a bubble on the passenger side. The tire was then replaced with an identical one. After 1500K miles, that tire developed the same bubble.

- Medina, OH, USA