2008 Audi A4 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi A4:

2008 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Feb 182014

A4

As I approached a stop sign on the morning of Tuesday, February 18th I went to use the brakes and the pedal was extremely hard. It wouldn't press down at all. I ended up running through the stop sign and coasting in to a parking lot where I turned the car off and on a number of times and engaged the emergency brake. The brake was still hard every time. I called Audi experiences and by the time I had explained what happened the brakes began to work again. (for 15 minutes the brakes did not work!) I continued to drive the car that day but at a cautious speed. Later that evening, around 8:50pm, I was driving home and again, the brakes refused to work, same hard pedal as earlier that morning. I called Audi experiences and scheduled a tow pick up. Audi services says that a vacuum hose has been damaged and causes the hose to collapse on itself causing the brakes to "lock up." They want to repair the same hose and use it again. It definitely needs replaced with a thicker hose that isn't going to collapse on itself and cause this to happen again. I believe this is a faulty hose and needs to be looked into. I have found a number of other people who have had the same issue happen to them. Luckily I was not hurt and didn't hurt someone else.

- Columbus, OH, USA