2.0

2008 Audi A4 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi A4:

2008 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Oct 212015

A4

I have had repeated issues with oil consumption. Oil overconsumption has been the subject of a class action lawsuit for 2009-2011 A4S. For some reason the 2008 was not included in the lawsuit. I have had to top my oil off every 3,000 miles, at a minimum, for the entire life of the vehicle. This has been a safety issue numerous times where I was not close to any facility that sold oil and was forced to drive the car on low oil a long distance in order to top it off. I have also had issues with the headlights being dipped -- also a known problem for this year and model. The headlights go out way inadvance of a normal life expectancy. Audi gives excuses on how it can be fixed (the prices and repairs were inconsistent between the two headlights). One of them they quoted me $1300! when I read the service information they had only replaced a bulb!

- San Diego, CA, USA

Jul 232015

A4

Problem with my vehicle is the high pressure fuel pump and camshaft. Apparently there has been a warranty for 2007 and older models and I was also told by a dealer that 2009 and new models were covered. The warranty was an extended to 10 years/120,000 miles for this issue. I called corporate also to see if there may have been a mistake at the dealer that my vehicle was not covered and they said it was not mistake. Whats astounding is that the same issue my vehicle has is what is covered in previous and later years for the exact same vehicle as mine. My mechanic advised me that the system is failing and it is only a matter of time I start experiencing loss of power and other engine issues. I don't know if I am writing this to the correct department however any assistance in making this issue known and even forcing Audi's hand to take responsibility of this issue would be greatly appreciated. The vehicle is a wonderful vehicle but to be told about and also reading about other owner's experiencing this issue and saying that their vehicle just stalled and lost complete power or that the camshaft broke into pieces causing engine failure in addition to fuel failure is scary. Again it looks like this is a big problem that has been ignored for years. Maybe forcing a recall will correct their manufacturing problem with the affected vehicles.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Apr 212014

A4 4-cyl

Initially, check engine light came on. Dealer suggested oil change well before due as solution. Problem is failing high pressure fuel pump. Failing fuel pump causes camshaft and valve lifters to wear prematurely. As high pressure fuel pump fails car loses power and/or loses ability to accelerate. Car is especially dangerous in situations such as crossing traffic, accelerating to get up to speed, may lose ability to accelerate when attempting to pass other vehicles - very unsafe on 2 lane roads. Problem of little to no acceleration is intermittent and without warning and can be frequent. Same parts and problems as documented on prior models years, including 2007 Audi A4's (previous model year) that were covered either due to recall or manufacture extending the warranty due to product defect. 2008 models were still under initial manufacturer warranty for age of vehicle when prior years became covered / recalled. Cost at Audi dealer to fix were over $1600. Dealer paperwork states problem is "not uncommon on this motor."

- Redford , MI, USA

Aug 202014

A4 4-cyl

2008 Audi A4 avant with the 2.0 liter turbo motor/ engine code is bwt. Camshaft lobe and high pressure fuel premature worn out. Audi knew about this issue in 2010 about the premature wear on the camshaft lobe and high pressure fuel pump.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Nov 042012

A4 4-cyl

After reaching an appropriate speed on a highway, I eased off the gas pedal but the car continued to accelerate. I removed my foot from the gas pedal entirely but the pedal stayed down. I shifted the car into neutral, turned on my hazards and pulled over to the breakdown lane. I got out of my car and checked the still depressed pedal to see if anything was obstructing it and there was nothing. I pulled the pedal up and the engine stopped revving.

- Stamford, CT, USA