2008 Audi A4 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi A4:

2008 Audi A4 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 262016

A4

Takata recall according to the Audi web site, this recall has been open since May 26, 2016, with no remedy available yet. Six months seems like an excessive amount of time to address a serious safety issue. I am unable to have anyone ride in the passenger seat, for fear of their injury or death in the event of an accident, and the possible personal liability related to this.

- Plano, TX, USA

Takata recall

- San Clemente, CA, USA

A4

Takata recall. Since July 2016, I have called the local Audi dealer three times for information on expected airbag repair or removal. No repair date offered. Called Audi usa for airbag repair date or information in November 2016. Audi stated takata has not given them any information on replacement airbags. I asked about a vehicle buy-back program in regards to recall. Audi usa stated no help offered.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Sep 292016

A4

The contact owns a 2008 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. While attempting to turn the vehicle, the contact sideswiped a truck and a crash occurred. The air bags did not deploy. The vehicle was not towed and a police report was not filed. There were no injuries. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Pasadena, CA, USA

May 162016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Audi A4. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags) was received in May. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Escondido, CA, USA

Jul 112016

A4

Informed by Audi of recall. No remedy, no timetable for repair, no offer ofloaner car, just advised to not drive with passengers indefinitely. Talked to two Audi dealers and heard same story. They do not address loss of use of not being able to safely Transport passengers yet they say do not disconnect airbags. Other auto brands affected by this recall are making repairs and providing loaner/rental cars. I assume the VW diesel scandal is affecting their desire to protect and take care of their customers. It's been 4 months since the notice and as of 10/28 there is no new info or remedy available.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

Aug 012016

A4

I did not receive a notice that Audi supposedly sent that my 2008 A4 sedan has a takata air bag that will be replaced.

- Newton, MA, USA

Oct 212016

A4 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2008 Audi A4. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags). The contact stated that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available...updated 11/21/16

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Jun 012016

A4

Takata recall I have received the takata airbag recall notice from Audi about 5 months ago. I have call the Audi customer service and after so long time they havenżT taken action to repair my car. As described on the recall note the risk seems quite high and IżM worried. Can you help me please?

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jul 052016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Scranton, PA, USA

Oct 172016

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags). However, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Aiken, SC, USA

Oct 152015

Waiting on recall its been over 8 months

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Apr 282016

A4

Takata recall. Safety recall 69N2. I received two notices of this recall from Audi of american, Inc, the last on April 28, 2016. A telephone call to the dealer (Audi of hilton head) at that time advised that replacement parts are not yet available, with no estimate as to when repairs will be made. I am concerned that corrective action is long over due and that a potentially dangerous situation remains.

- Bluffton, SC, USA

Sep 162016

A4

"takata recall" no parts available. Went to prestige Audi to state my concern about a rental or loaner car. They told me to drive the car like that. It isnt to dangerous. This recall can cause a fatality. Why do I have to wait. I need answers. I drive around alot

- North Bay Village, FL, USA

A4

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Audi A4. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Nashville, TN, USA

Sep 132016

A4

Takata recall my complain is the lack of importance by Audi and takata when they dont have a time table as to when parts are going to become available to fix this problem and they dont care if you have to sit your spouse or children and potentially expose them to a tragedy, should you be involved in a auto accident. In my case I have 2 vehicles, different manufacturers and both of them have the same recall for the air bags.

- Dekalb, IL, USA

Jul 172016

A4

Takata recall. Received notice that passenger airbag is unsafe and is recalled. There is no solution available to this date. I drive with a person who is claustrophobic and must sit in the passenger side. I also drive a group of friends and we need to use the passenger seat as well as the rear seats. This is dangerous and I request a speedy remedy/ replacement air bag.

- Guntersville, AL, USA

Aug 132016

A4

Tataka recall: A solution to this problem needs to be resolved asap! my family and I don't feel safe any time we have to use our car for our daily life activities and routines.

- Sachse, TX, USA

Aug 032016

A4

Takata recall. After receiving notice of the recall, we cannot place our disabled son in the front seat such that we can keep and eye on him, as he can't control his impulses. It is not safe to place him in the back as he almost caused an accident when my wife was driving. This is an extreme hardship, and Audi won't provide me a loaner car or a solution. Is there a class action suit involving this issue" Audi has provided no help, and takata can't be reached. What we we supposed to do"

- Naperville, IL, USA

May 272016

A4

Takata recall - May 27, 2016 with no remedy the recall is for my passenger side only. It is hard to believe that the driver side is not also impacted and there is no recall on it yet since the car and the air bags were all built at the same time and it would seem that they would not put two different brands in the vehicle. I am afraid to drive the vehicle. There is no remedy as of yet. What am I supposed to do? it is unacceptable to be put in this situation. Some one should provide me a safe car to drive until this is resolved.

- Atlanta, GA, USA