2011 Audi A4 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi A4:

2011 Audi A4 Owner Comments

May 242016

Follow up to complaint 10852082. Once again my car lost all power including power steering, this time in the middle of multiple lanes of fast moving traffic. After the first two times, the defect was not identified by the dealer. This time, as I brought the car in right away, the computer detected that the issue was due to faulty camshaft position sensor circuits. They have been replaced and hopefully my car will now be fine. So here are the questions. Is this really what caused the vehicle to cease functioning three times" if so, how many of these faulty cps sensors are out there? it is just a fluke or do they wear out or is it a bad batch? should there be a sensor that will stop all power with no warning" this last incident happened on the entrance ramp to fort lauderdale airport where about 6 lanes of traffic comes around a curve and decelerates from 55mph to 25 as cars approach the terminals and parking. The speed limit is 45 going down to 15 but people are moving pretty fast. I wrestled the car over as other cars were struggling to avoid me. Once I had the car stopped, I removed the electronic key, reinserted and the car started back up fine.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Mar 282016

2 incidents of total loss of power including steering. Twice in the last year traveling normally at low speed the car ceased to function. Today I was traveling about 25 mph taking a slight right hand curve when the car died. I was almost rear ended. Power was lost and I had great difficulty pulling it off the road. It would barely coast. I restarted the car and it was fine. The first time it happened I thought it was a fluke but now it has happened twice.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA