2013 Audi A4 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Audi A4:

2013 Audi A4 Owner Comments

Feb 152013

A4 4-cyl

My driveway is on a slight down-slope. When parked there with my Audi A4 2.0T's front end facing down with my foot on the brake, I put my Audi in reverse, move my foot from brake to the gas pedal and attempt to back up the down-slope, but my Audi aggressively rolls forward as I continue trying to accelerate to back up. I can roll forward 3' to 6' before reverse gear kicks in and when it does the launches backward at a high rate of speed out driveway into the path pedestrians who I've nearly hit and goes on into street traffic where I have almost been hit. Also, when parked on the street the back brakes lock and will not release without more gas then they suddenly release with a noise launching the Audi forward at a high rate of speed. The Audi deal has confirmed these conditions and says they are normal. I disagree and have found it dangerous and scary as I'm behind the wheel but not in control of my Audi. It's analogous to turning the steering wheel left but the car goes right for six feet then suddenly veers right. I need this situation corrected as I can not use the Audi fully and safely.

- Oakland, CA, USA