2.5

2002 Audi A6 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Audi A6:

2002 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Oct 052012

A6 6-cyl

The Audi was stopped at a stop light when the RPM meter started to drop revs suddenly. Once the car was in motion the engine felt rough. The car was driven 3 miles with no further incidence and was parked for the night. The next day when the car was started in the morning the check engine light came on and the engine started to get very sluggish and shuddering. The car was immediately stopped and the diagnostic codes were pulled. The codes showed multiple cylinder misfires with specific misfires in cylinder 2 and three. The car was towed to an Audi dealer where this was confirmed. The dealership mentioned that there was a voluntary recall for exactly this issue. This is a safety issue.

- Kinnelon, NJ, USA

Jan 022011

A6

After parking the car it caught on fire from the dashboard the firemen came and extinguished the fire and said it was from the electrical fire from the dashboard.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 252007

A6 6-cyl

My check engine light is marking misfire but I have gotten a complete tune-up, changed all 6 coils on the engine changed all the spark plugs, I've done everything possible and changed everything I can that has to do with the engine all brand new and nothing has worked and its still saying misfire...I've googled this problem for Audi's and there were so many people complaining about the same thing... also, I am having a problem with the electrical system as well one day my windows work the next it doesn't sometimes my lights will work and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes my radio will work some times it doesn't, the information on my dash sometimes doesn't light up and I can't see anything at night time, I have constantly been to the mechanics trying to figure out what's going on but we can't find the problem, I've spent so much money on this car trying to fix the problems but its really making it hard for me to keep spending money on my car and not being able to figure out what's wrong with it. This is very dangerous because if I'm driving at night time and my lights end up not working I can cause a very big accident I am very very concerned about these defects, my safety and others safety and would really appreciate if you can please investigate this problem because its happened to so many people. I also think something is wrong with the fuel system I'll put $60 in gas and two days later it'll almost mark empty I really don't understand how that is possible but if there's an answer I would really want to know. Thank you so much and I really appreciate your time.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Sep 142006

A6 4WD 6-cyl

: the contact stated recall notice #04V133000 was received for a 2000 Audi A6 pertaining to electrical system. The contact also owns a 2002 Audi A6 which a recall notice was not received for. When the contact researched the recall on the NHTSA website, a letter in the document search from Volkswagen to the NHTSA identified that the VIN for the 2002 Audi A6 model was included in the recall. When the contact alerted the manufacturer with the VIN, they indicated there was no information regarding the recall or vehicle in question.

- Boston, MA, USA

Oct 152005

A6 6-cyl

1. car seized after going through car wash; prior to that, car had experienced odd electrical issues, such as the radio turning itself on and off and the alarm going off for no apparent reason. Car is still under both the Audi of America warranty and maintenance programs. 2. engine seized. 3. the repairs require at least a new engine at the cost of at least $13,000. Here is my analysis of why I think Audi is trying to prevent this design defect from reaching state and federal regulators. In short, I believe that Audi is purposefully denying warranty claims to prevent a recall and also to prevent a written record of this defect in the case of class action or personal injury law suit. Specifically, I believe Audi of America's legal department has made a very calculated decision: Since the damage involves water, most comprehensive insurance policies will cover the damage (in fact, my insurance carrier agreed to cover the claim, although they said they would seek subjugation from Audi). For those customers who push hard, Audi will cover the repairs out of warranty so that Audi will not have to report this defect to state and federal regulators and risk a recall and/or provide evidence in a class action or personal injury law suit. In fact, it wasn't until I explained my suspicions (some of which the service manager at the dealership had confirmed) to an Audi of America supervisor that I was able to make any headway beyond, I'm sorry, this is not covered by warranty once I set forth the facts and my analysis of the situation, he changed his manner and explanation immediately. He explained that Audi management and legal were well aware of the problem. That Audi had made a determination not to cover repairs caused by the clogged drain holes under warranty but that the dealer could request a special out of warranty service and Audi of America would reimburse the dealer at 100% of its cost.

- Palo Alto, CA, USA