2005 Audi A6 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Audi A6:

2005 Audi A6 Owner Comments

Jan 152016

A6

Takata recall received a post card in the mail back on 5/27/2016 about my air bag on the passenger side being defective and that there is no fix. My light popped on way before I received the post card and the only thing they can say is try not to have anyone riding in the front seat, that is not right, this is the family vehicle for going to work and taking my teenage son and daughter around to school, activities and doctors appointments. How much longer will we have to wait for a fix, this is a dangerous situation everyday driving around and I live in Wisconsin.

- Miwaukee, WI, USA

Jun 202016

A6

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2005 Audi A6. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V382000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mcdonald, PA, USA

Aug 112016

A6

Takata recall dealer refused repair as fix not available. Did not provide time estimates and refused loaner car. Audi usa contacted with the same outcome. Was told to avoid using passenger seat.

- Mckinney, TX, USA

Aug 052016

A6

Takata recall Audi states "recommends avoiding the use of the front passenger sear whenever possible until the recall repair has been performed.". are they going to provider a loaner vehicle until this repair is performed? this vehicle is used by my family daily and someone in the front passenger seat cannot be avoided. This is absurd and a vehicle should be provided.

- Oolteway, TN, USA

Jul 292016

A6

I received a letter from takata starting there was a problem with the airbag possible deploying/not deploying and their was not a fix at this time. It also started not to have anyone ride in front passenger set. I contacted the provided number and let them know that I have four kids and this was my only car and I felt unsafe driving the car. Therefore I asked them to provide me with another safe fixed car or I can rent one until they ackware the replacement parts to fix my vehicle and they pay for it. I was astonished that they told me that if I elect to get a rental or didn't drive my car due to the issue that it would be my desision and they are not responsible for any additional charges occurred. Also started that if I elected to drive the car with my kids it is my desision. When I noted this was my only vehicle and means of transportation they acted as oh well. Therefore I need your help and support immediately because I am fearful for my kids safety and wellbeing in my car. Again only means of transportation.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Jun 012016

A6

I reached out to Audi when I received an email stating recalls for my car. I spoke to 2 Audi reps at there call center whom both stated to me that I was wrong about the email I received and to check this site. Once I have it showed and stated the same recall that I received an email about. But once I stated that the dealer may not be aware of the scheduling of this but both reps state that the site backed by auto trader and kbb was incorrect. It bothers me to see that this company is not aware of there own defects which makes me wonder what else is extremely wrong with the car--------- also after seeing the recall my passenger light for the airbags started to flicker when no one was in the car, which lead to some other electrical problem with my car. My whole mmi interface malfunctioned to where its only a black screen

- New Britain, CT, USA

Oct 122013

A6 6-cyl

2005 Audi A6 has water damage. Some how over night heavy rain seepage left an inch of water behind driver seat. Car was parked in driveway. All windows and doors where closed. This has caused $10,000 electrical damage to modules located under front passenger seat. These modules alert me about esp/ABS and park brake as well as a module that powers the vehicles mmi/navigation and stereo system. None of these function any longer. Insurance company wants to totaled the vehicle, I spent $7000 already on repairing the vehicle. Don't know where the water entered my vehicle. Is Audi responsible? this appears to be a design flaw.

- Harrisburg, PA, USA

Nov 132009

A6

During a recent rain storm I went to start the car to discover 6 inches of water in the back seat. Rear airbag and some electrical system had been fried. When I contacted Audi they said that it was not a warranty issue that it was my fault. That a line under the battery compartment had been clogged by pine needles causing the water to flow into the car through the airconditioning system. It seems to me that this is a design flaw and should be covered by Audi.

- Whittier, CA, USA

Dec 242005

A6

2005 Audi A6 air bags are too short and can not protect passenger. Consumer was taking to the hospital for X-rays. The consumer stated the air bag only protected the top six inches of the window and as a result, her head hit the front passenger door window during the accident.

- Naples, FL, USA