4.6

2012 Audi A7 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Audi A7:

2012 Audi A7 Owner Comments

Oct 182013

A7 6-cyl

October 18, 2013. Vehicle abruptly lost power steering and acceleration while traveling in the left hand lane on the at 72 miles per hour just in front of a construction zone. I was forced to cross into the right hand lane with no acceleration or power steering and bring the vehicle to a halt approximately 150 yards before the construction zone began as the right lane was closing. I was accompanied by my girlfriend. The right lane was closing with concrete K rails on both sides. This could have killed us both. Once at a full stop and in park I shut the car off. It would not restart for some time maybe 10 or fifteen minutes. I tried approximately a dozen times before it would turn on. I drove the car in to be looked it. The manufacturer designated service provider returned the car three days later unable to reproduce the problem though fault codes were registered when diagnostics were conducted. The second problem October 28, 2013. This time I was traveling by myself in town when at approximately 40 miles per hour the vehicle again, lost power steering and acceleration. I was able to coast, through a busy intersection into the gas station. I called for a tow truck and it was towed to the service provider. Again fault codes were registered under diagnostics. They had the car for 16 days and returned it as the problem could not be duplicated, though they did replace a part and said it was functioning fine. The third happened on November 17, 2013. Traveling in the left lane at approximately 75 miles per hour again the car lost power steering and acceleration identical to the previous two instances. I maneuver to the right hand lane with no power steering or acceleration. The service provider had the car for 29 days and returned as the problem could not be duplicated. Again with fault codes registered. This car is dangerous and potential fatal. It should be destroyed.

- Taylor Ridge, IL, USA