2009 Audi Q5 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Audi Q5:

2009 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Feb 092016

Q5

Takata recall 16V078, mfr recall number 69N1 taking too long.

- West Caldwell, NJ, USA

Nov 282016

Q5

Takata recall. It has been over 6 months since receiving a notice from Audi North America relating to the takata airbag inflator recall on this vehicle. I phoned the dealership last month and they said they still don't have a fix for this recall. I feel Audi should be more proactive in fixing this issue especially if it could be life threatening to drive the vehicle. I do not want to wait and see if metal shards will go flying thru me in the event of an airbag deployment. Nothing has happened yet but I want this recall issue fixed by the dealer.

- Houston, TX, USA

Apr 152016

Q5

Takata recall, I have made 3 inquiries for the recall repairs to be made on my vehicle and have been told repeatedly from the dealership that they have no information on when the repair parts will be made available. This is an unacceptable response and needs be be addresses before I or my passengers are endangered!

- Palm Springs, CA, USA

Nov 162016

Q5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2009 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V660000 (air bags). The part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Sep 042015

Q5

The contact owned a 2009 Audi Q5. While driving approximately 5 mph, the contact's vehicle was struck by another vehicle. The contact's vehicle spun around and crashed into a light pole. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained chest injuries that required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was made aware of failure. The failure mileage was 59,110.

- Los Angeles , CA, USA