6.1

2011 Audi Q5 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi Q5:

2011 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Feb 102013

Q5 4-cyl

At approximately 6:00 pm the evening of February 10, 2013, I was returning with my mom (front passenger) on I-66E headed back home, a vehicle in front of me stopped suddenly because a vehicle in front of her stopped for no apparent reason. I engaged my brakes and had come to a complete stop without touching the car in front of me and then the next thing I know I came in contact with her bumper. We thought initially we had been hit from behind, however, after inspecting my rear bumper there seemed to be no indication that had occurred. Even the driver in front of me acknowledged that I was at a stop before coming in contact with her bumper. What I believe occurred has to do with the Audi braking system. I have raised this problem of the brakes skipping and other related issues on multiple occasions with Audi's service department, Audi U.S./ german corporate offices and Audi "customer experience" center and according to my maintenance logs they have performed a variety of checks including updating the software and other repairs. This vehicle has been in repeatedly to the Audi dealerships prior to this incident and after this incident for brake and gear issues amongst other problems. I still continue to have similar issues of the brakes not properly engaging, a lot of creaking/groaning noises/excessive break dust from the brakes and when I place the gear shift from reverse into drive it jerks forward. Audi has been completely unhelpful and has done nothing to resolve the matters satisfactorily which I have been trying to do since shortly after the time of the incident in February.

- Arlington, VA, USA