7.9

2011 Audi Q5 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Audi Q5:

2011 Audi Q5 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 092016

Q5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Holly Springs, MS, USA

Apr 012016

Q5

Takata recall after 10 months of receiving a recall notice, the takata replacement bags are still not available from fromaudi dealer. I also received a recall in November regarding fule pump flange -- after calling my dealer several times, I am told replacement offered by recall notice is not available, may not be for several months - this is fire hazard. Audi leaves me to drive a vehicle with 2 serious deffects, whch they know about, and make no effort to deal with the recall or offer me a replacement vehicle. How can this be accepted?

- Washington, DC, USA

Feb 012016

Q5

Takata recall still no solution. I can't trade this vehicle in and I'm afraid to drive. Audi doesn't know when their will be a solution.

- Seattle, WA, USA

Jan 112017

Q5

Takata recall.. nothing... has happened, and I have been notified of this issue by Audi.. but wanted to record that nothing has need done. There is also a fuel pump flange recall that has not been addressed. No issues at this time.

- So St Paul, MN, USA

Dec 122016

Q5

Takata recall - have not received indication that driver airbag is available for installation. This car is almost 6 years old and we live in a hot humid climate. It is my understanding that these factors increase the likelihood of an airbag problem.

- Missouri City, TX, USA

Apr 012016

Q5

Takata recall I received the safety recall notice from Audi in April 2016. I called my local dealer and was told the "part weren't available yet." It is now November 2016 and when checking on this again I am told the parts still aren't available. I find this unacceptable and I wonder why the NHTSA doesn't find it unacceptable as well. I called Audi customer service and was told they have "no idea when they are getting replacement parts from takata." However, Audi is obviously still making these cars and since they can find new airbags to put in new cars, why isn't anyone pressuring the manufacturer to fix the cars they sold in the past before they use those parts on new cars!!! it seems that they don't care about this since takata will be liable if I die in an accident. However, I hold Audi and the NHTSA responsible because it doesn't appear that anyone cares about people that bought cars a few years ago since the existing supply of good airbags is going into new cars that haven't been sold yet. I also find it odd that in the progress towards completion report on your website, there is no data at all for Audi, which makes me think Audi has done nothing to expedite this recall while all of their competitors have. Why does the NHTSA allow this? please investigate and respond, I would greatly appreciate it. I now have two recalls for my 2011 Q5, the takata airbag and now the fuel pump that could blow up. Sounds like I am driving a very dangerous car and no one is pressuring the manufacturer to fix either item.

- New York, NY, USA

May 012016

Q5

The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Dumfries, VA, USA

Feb 102016

Q5 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V660000 (fuel system, gasoline) and 16V078000 (air bags). The parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 01/05/2017 updated 01/17/17.

- Warwick, RI, USA

Nov 072016

Q5

Takata recall and fuel pump flange remedy not available in timely manner

- Yorba Linda, CA, USA

Jun 182016

Q5 6-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 12/28/16 updated

- Kamuela, HI, USA

Oct 212016

Q5

Takata recall: When will these be available" it is extremely disconcerting driving around with a possibly faulty airbag that could kill me if deployed! also there is some recall about my fuel line" seems pretty dangerous and yet it says no remedy available. This isn't helpful.

- Newton, MA, USA

Mar 142016

Q5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was not available.

- Hicksville, NY, USA

Jan 162016

Q5

Still driving a car with a hazardous air bag issue. Why hasn't Audi been required to provide a rental until a fix is available? this should have been resolved months ago.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Oct 062016

Q5

The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Parker, CO, USA

Sep 232016

Q5

Takata recall Audi has not provided a remedy 10 months after the recall. We are driving an unsafe and dangerous vehicle. Audi shall replace the car until fix is completed.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 162016

Q5

We received a notice from Audi in April that our vehicle was recalled due to faulty air bags. After further investigation, we learned that the recall was actually announced on February 10, 2016. As of today, September 19, 2016 no remedy had been provided by Audi. When we discussed options with the dealership where we bought the vehicle, Audi boulder, they described the car as a "death trap". their only solution was for us to buy a new car from them. We do not feel safe driving this car until the situation is resolved and will be exploring all options to get this matter resolved.

- Nederland, CO, USA

May 192016

Q5

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Nederland, CO, USA

Apr 152016

- Bonita Springsg, FL, USA

Apr 192016

Q5

The contact owns a 2011 Audi Q5. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lansdale, PA, USA