3.5

2007 Audi Q7 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Audi Q7:

2007 Audi Q7 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 092007

Q7

Electoral battery drain issue, water leak in the electric from sun-roof,

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Nov 052014

Q7

Electrical issue due to the faulty sunroof water drain hoses(connection for hoses). Like all (all) Audi Q7 owners I have encouraged problems with my complete electrical system in the car. Water leaked from sunroof down to most electrical components in the car which are hidden behind upholstery. Audi is full of electronics including safety systems in the car. My mmi system died due to amplifier getting wet. After mmi, battery drained out after just 7 hours that car has been sitting in the parking lot. All dealerships know about this and Audi is still ripping off all the Q7 owners on this issue. Too bad is that in long run they will lose a lot of customers.full repair of sunroof hoses and replacement of Audi amplifier which is first part that gets affected from water costed me almost $4000. Not to mention that I still stains from water on my roof liner. I contacted Audi of America and they will not admit fault, want me to go to dealership and pay again for inspection. Yeah. Good luck. I will never see Audi dealership again and never buy another Audi.

- Santa Fe Springs, CA, USA

Jun 122015

Q7

Hi there, I had an issue with my sound system I.e. in my Audi Q7, it basically muted off and I could not hear nothing (radio, audio cd etc.) and took it to the dealer. After diagnosis, I was told that my moon roof drain tubes were clogged as a result rain water trickled in and eventually blew up my amplifier and the dealer is now charging me an exorbitant (~$2500) price to fix it. I had no option but get it fixed. Based on my research, I see that this is a known issue with the 2007 Audi Q7 models and that it was Audi's decision to deal with this on a case by case basis in preference to recalling all 07 production (up to a certain VIN) with sunroof fitted. They have known about this problem for years. Their argument now is that I have not been regular at servicing my vehicle at the dealer therefore they can't help with assisting me to fix it and are in no way liable for it. I would argue that they had a duty all along to fix it or advise me of the potential problem. I am very frustrated with the fact it was hidden from me and called the Audi customer service and they tell me they cant help me with this. I am not sure what I found about the moon roof drains is true, but if it is true, then I think it is unfair for Audi to hide the faulty drains from their customers and Audi should be liable for it... thanks

- Sterling , VA, USA

Dec 102010

Q7

Sunroof leaking due to faulty drain hose design, causing electrical problems to the mmi system, radio, amplifier, draining battery, esp system, Audi usa, is fully aware of the problem and yet refused to have a recall on these car's 2007_2011 Q7 model, all the dealership acknowledge there's a manufacturing defects, but each visit to the dealership it cost $2,200.

- Jamaica, NY, USA

Dec 072014

Q7 6-cyl

While driving during a heavy rain, my radio started making a static like sound, and died, along with the navigation system. The following day I had a mechanic check the vehicle, and his findings was a leak into the electronic port thus creating water damage to amplifier - mmi systems.

- Bronx, NY, USA

Nov 042014

Q7

The mom screen went out. Which short out the amp and drains the battery.the mms system control the heat air. Radio, nav. Car setup. Telephone. And information center.. it will cost $2200 to replace a amp and not fix the problem. The water will back up and drain out onto the floor, which may cause electrical problems, Audi should replace this or fix this problem due to its seem its happening to all their cars with sunroofs.

- Clayton, NC, USA

Oct 062014

Q7

All the mms screen went out. The dealer stated it come from the sunroof draining system. Which short out the amp and drains the battery.the mms system control the heat air. Radio, nav. Car setup. Telephone. And information center.. now why would somebody want $2200 to replace a amp and not fix the problem, .this is the dealer am talking about. Its a problem on all Audi vehicle that have sunroofs.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Aug 292014

Q7

Sunroof leaking affecting radios, amplifier, draining battery.

- Port Washington, NY, USA

Jul 192013

Q7 6-cyl

As many people have already registered complaints about, even with cleaning our sunroof drains regularly, the glue failed causing us to not only endure the expense of a well-documented issue with the vehicle, but now we have been without a stereo since we feel we are entitled to at least that much, however, Audi of America disagrees. Considering how many issues there have been with sunroof leaks in the past and the fact that this is an ongoing problem for Q7 owners, I feel, as many others do I'm sure, that this problem needs to be looked into further by the NHTSA.

- Ashland, VA, USA

Aug 012013

Q7

Draining system in the roof of vehicle seems to be a design/engineering flaw. In under 4 years, water leaked into the interior front and rear of car causing issues with the amplifier and who knows what else. Dealer says it was not covered under warranty and estimates $1600 to fix the drain issues and $2200 for the blown amplifier.

- Ashburn, VA, USA

Mar 092013

Q7

Following an exterior car wash (brushless) the audio system and mmi began having problems. The rear audio speakers began crackling and then stopped working altogether. Certain mmi controls, particularly with the heated seats and fan blower also stopped working. After some time, the speakers returned to working but the mmi system remained spotty. No battery draw was found and no apparent (obvious) water intrusion was found.

- Biddeford Pool, ME, USA

Nov 012012

Q7

The contact owns a 2007 Audi Q7. The contact stated that while driving at highway speeds, the vehicle decelerated rapidly and then stalled. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was found that a chip in the computer system needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred and was towed back to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 50,000. The current mileage was approximately 52,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- River Side, IL, USA

Sep 042012

Q7

The contact owns a 2007 Audi Q7. The contact stated while driving 60 mph the navigation and the radio went completely off. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure who did not offer any assistance since the vehicle was not included in any recalls. The failure mileage was 60,000 and the current mileage was 61,000. The VIN was not available.

- Providence , RI, USA

Jun 052012

Q7 6-cyl

When it rain the mmi nav system shuts off and now it comes on then cut back off, and the steering wheel vibrates /shake when driveing on highway.

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Jun 082009

Q7 6-cyl

The vehicle has had the same problem of misfiring for over 2 years and has been pointed out to the repair shop on many occasions. The next problem is the truck taking very long to crank over when starting. The last problem is the vehicle has water ingress that is causing the electrical components to not function properly. The vehicle has been brought in to be repaired over 10 weeks and problem still is happening. The warranty even expired while they were fixing the vehicle. The vehicle has become a loss interms of resale value and cannot be traded.

- Spring Valley, NY, USA

Apr 132010

Q7

My 2007 Audi Q7 SUV has electrical issues from a spilled drink from the cup holders. If liquid travels directly below from cup holders, the mmi circuit board that controls the headlights, wipers, ect, stops working from sometime or not at all. It starts with the radio and then the windows, ect, and then moves to the headlights and the wipers. Audi says it is the owners┐ problem and is not covered under warranty.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Aug 282008

Q7

My car was purchased new on August 31, 2007 and has 20068 miles on the odometer. 1. during a thunderstorm, I entered my car and placed my umbrella on to the passenger seat and got into the drivers seat. Some of the rain water dripped off the umbrella and onto the face plate of the mmi control unit located on the center console. Within two weeks the mmi control unit shorted out and failed. This failure stopped many of the electronic functions the mmi unit operated, ie., the gps nav. System, the radio, the blue tooth telephone, the operating controls of the auto, cd, vehicle settings, the windshield wipers (front& back) and all the rest of the controls the mmi system operates. 2. the failure seemed to be permanent. I was unable to operate all of the functions from this controller. 3. I contacted the Audi dealer in buffalo, NY and made an appointment for service. I was told that this was a warranty component under the auto warranty. I arrived at the Audi dealer service desk and explained what happened. Where in they advised me that if there was any moisture from water, soft drinks, coffee or tea spilled onto this control unit, it would short out electrically and cease to operate. The service person stated that the Audi limited warranty (4 years or 50,000 miles) page #4 of warranty manual: Items that are subject to adjustment, such as wheel alignment, tire balancing, headlights, door, shift linkage, and sunroof adjustments, not caused by outside influence or normal wear are covered one time within the first 6 months or 6000 miles whichever occurred first, etc... I explained that this mmi did not need an adjustment...it failed and had to be replaced. They would not cover this $800 plus dollars to replace this unit. In order to drive the car safely, I had no choice, I paid the amount. The old part is available. I told them that the car manufacturer made a design and engineering error in not waterproofing this control unit.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Sep 102008

Q7

The contact owns a 2007 Audi Q7. While driving between 35-40 mph, the electronic control unit (mmi) stopped working. The dealer stated that the repair would be performed under warranty. The contact took the vehicle in for repair and was informed that it would not be repaired under warranty. The failure mileage was 20,006.

- Bonita Springs, FL, USA

Jul 202007

Q7

The contact owns a 2007 Audi Q7. While driving between 55-60 mph, the electrical system (mmi) shorted after becoming wet from rain. As a result, the electrical system failed. The failure has only occurred once. The dealer stated that the electric system shorted out due to moisture entering the system. The current mileage was 18,000 and failure mileage was 8,000.

- Danbury, CT, USA

Dec 132007

Q7

The contact owns a 2007 Audi Q7. The contact stated that there is a computer system that controls all of the electrical devices in the vehicle. The system is located directly underneath the cup holder on the arm rest. The wood trim is inadequate and does not seal the computer module, which allows liquid to enter into the computer module. As a result, the electrical devices will malfunction. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer and a technician stated that it would cost $900 to repair the computer module. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred several months later. The manufacturer did not provide any assistance. The failure mileage was 7,000 and current mileage was 17,500.

- Scarsdale, NY, USA