1.2

2008 Audi Q7 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi Q7:

2008 Audi Q7 Owner Comments

Nov 302016

Q7

There is a open recall for leaking fuel, in the presence of an ignition source, could lead to a fire causing injury and/or damage to property. But Audi has not provided any remedy yet. Called up the dealer and visited the showroom couple of times and they say the fix is not available. As a precautionary measure I would like to get this fixed as early as possible. Any potential damage could be fatal due to this. I am not able to sell or trade-in my car as well due to this problem.

- Cupertino, CA, USA

Oct 242016

Q7

The contact owns a 2008 Audi Q7. The contact stated that strong fuel fumes entered the vehicle without warning. The dealer stated that the parts and remedy were not provided from the manufacturer for NHTSA campaign number: 16V660000 (fuel system, gasoline). The windows had to be opened because due to the fume odor, which made the contact nauseas. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wahiawa, HI, USA

Oct 242016

Q7

Audi recall 20W9... my 2008 Q7 has developed a gas odor after turning off the motor. There is no fuel leakage or warning lights the smell is very potent and I dont think it is safe for my children to ride in I need it fixed or full compensation

- Wahiawa, HI, USA

Jun 042016

Q7

Strong gasoline smell while driving and after car is parked in garage. Dealership diagnosed as bad fuel injectors, after fuel line was replaced and smell did not go away. Audi-certified mechanic does not believe it is the fuel injectors. The same model within a few years of mine has had a recall for fuel line issues.

- Duluth, GA, USA

Jan 232016

Q7

Car is leaking gas profusely while driving.

- Miami, FL, USA

Jul 012015

Q7

Intake manifold flap on passenger not opening fully causing the check engine light to turn on. I checked the web and I there are a lot of complaints about the same problem. I've had BMW, mercedez, Toyota's and a lot more, none of those vehicle gave me problem. Audi is taking care of other models with 2.0 tfsi engine, they extended the emmission warranty to 10 yrs or 100K. Audi should take care of this issue aswell.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Mar 022015

Q7

I have noticed a fuel smell in my garage and at first I thought it is my mower. The next day it has got stronger and I start getting nausea and headache. I took it to a repair shop and the showed me there is a fuel leak on the tank. They told me it could be the fuel pump. I do not believe it is the fuel pump. It leaks like there is a whole or some thing is broken inside the covered area of the tank where there is no visual access unless it is opened. I think it is a major issue that they have to fix before someone burns alive.

- Missouri City, TX, USA