8.9

2014 Audi Q7 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Audi Q7:

2014 Audi Q7 Owner Comments

Aug 182014

Q7 6-cyl

In Audi Q7, there is a lock button on the rear doors, which locks the whole car. This button does not get disabled when the child lock is engaged. A child seated in a rear seat can kick the button and easily lock the driver out of the vehicle, if the driver has left the car with keys inside the car. This is very common for refilling of gas. Our daughter was locked in the car for 1/2 hour while I brought another set of keys. It was hot outside and the car was not running, so there was no A/C. police was dispatched to the scene to break her out, but I made it there before they did. Children in the car cannot open the door, since they are strapped in and / or they are too young to receive and follow instruction. This is a general child safety issue with this car and lock. There are many reports of the same issue on this web forum, reported for almost 5 years. Audi has not done anything. www.audiworld.com/forums/Q7-discussion-112/disabling-door-lock-button-rear-doors-2767659/ if the situation we lived was at a hike, where there is no cell phone coverage, we would be in deep trouble. Audi needs to fix this by disabling the button when the child lock is engaged, before a child or pet is hurt in a serious way or worse.

- Redmond, WA, USA

Jan 012014

Q7 6-cyl Diesel

I was turning left onto a main road when the hatchback spontaneously opened, I.e. the car was moving and the door to the back of the car opened all by itself. I have subsequently tested (in an empty parking lot) if the key fob or the door-release will operate while the car is in motion (I.e. I tested to see if perhaps I has inadvertently triggered the door opening button)-- and neither will open the door when the car is moving. I have contacted Audi and their first response was that I had probably accidentally hit the button, and then their next reply was that what did I want them to do since there was little chance they could replicate the problem. I indicated that this car was essentially un-usable to me at this time as I often have dogs in the back of the car- and can no longer safely use this vehicle for fear that at any moment the back door will open while I'm driving.

- Monument, CO, USA