2002 Audi TT drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Audi TT:

2002 Audi TT Owner Comments

Sep 022005

TT 4WD 4-cyl

My Audi Tt (2002 model) with only 25K miles has had serious drive train failures. The first incident was when traveling at 60 mph my front left axle fell out of the drive system, and my car was thrown into a spin. I barely missed several other vehicles as well as a highway divider. I was told at the service center the axle never was pinned in place properly. The second and more recent incident involves the transmission. While driving in moderate traffic, as I shifted through the gears, nothing happened, and then finally when it felt like the car shifted into gear, the entire transmission froze up, and I almost was hit from the back... once again the car was towed to the service center for more repair... besides these issues, in the last 2 years I have had the car in for numerous other issues regarding the drive system also. This is just not a safe car.

- Old Bridge, NJ, USA