$7,500.00

1. replace transmission (1 reports)
2004 Audi TT transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Audi TT:

2004 Audi TT Owner Comments

Dec 092010

TT Quattro

The car started with a faulty gas gauge and then other electrical indicating a bad instrument panel cluster, which a lawsuit was filed and settled regarding this part. I bought the car used and was unaware of the class-action suite and expiration was July 2010 and it was Dec 2010 and I had owned the car since Jan 2010. I had no idea of the issue with instrument cluster during the remaining warranty period. Now I must pay 1000 to fix that.

The day before my appointment for that issue, the car went crazy and was stuck in a gear after jerking while driving. The instrument panel was flashing, they tell me it went into LIMP mode due to transmission failure. So even though I have only 45K mileage my transmission needs replacing. 7500 repair. Not a great lifespan on that tranny. Ridiculous. They are offering no compensation so far for either.

- , Portland, OR, USA