2008 Audi TT transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Audi TT:

2008 Audi TT Owner Comments

Sep 042008

My 2008 Audi Tt quattro 3.2 has the automatic dsg transmission. It has become increasingly difficult to drive. Slow speed maneuvers (e.g. whilst parking) are accompanied by "jerking" or "bucking" of the car. Also, it is difficult to smoothly start the car moving from a stop. The transmission seems to slip while the engine speed increases, and then suddenly grab. These symptoms occur every time I drive the car.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jun 132009

I drive a 2008 Audi Tt 2.0T with the dsg gearbox. When I try to accelerate quickly or move my automatic transmission from drive to sport there are times when my car feels like it shifts in to neutral instead of down shifting into the next lower gear. There are also times at low speed when the car will have a harsh shift from first to second and occasionally the automatic transmission will almost stall when trying to start from a stop on a hill. This problem occurs sporadically while I am driving and appears to correct itself. When the car seems to fall out of gear and it feels like I am in neutral I let me foot off of the gas and a few seconds later the transmission will reengage in the appropriate gear and I have the ability to accelerate again. This condition has not led to any serious issues yet but there have been a few times when I have been in the middle of a lane change and stepped on the gas and the car drops in to neutral. This has led to at least one near accident but no accidents have occurred. I have not had the problem looked at yet because it comes and goes at random but I have my 25000 mile service scheduled on July 31st and I was going to inform the Audi dealer of the problem and have them look into it.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA