1998 Buick Century seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1998 Buick Century:

1998 Buick Century Owner Comments

Mar 152009

Century V6

Rear seatbelts jam when sucking back up into the storage roll (or wherever they go behind the seat when you're done with them). Then they won't extend at the next use, making them unusable. I paid $200 to have them unjammed once before and was told they had to tear out the rear seats to get to them and fix them. I was also told this was a common problem on this model (1998 Buick century) and it would probably reoccur. It did and now I can't have the kids in the car at all (no way to restrain them in the back seats), unless I want to pay to have them fixed again. My mother's Buick Regal has similar issues with the rear belts. I think it's a 2000. I would love any advice from people who have fixed this problem themselves - can I tear out my own backseat and do this?

- , Paw Paw, MI, USA